Error installing on MySQL

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

solvtech

Error installing on MySQL

Post by solvtech »

I've tried installing php-residence on two different servers using MySQL and I keep getting the same error.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'rudyf_2'@'209.68.1.19' (using password: YES) in /usr/www/users/rudyf/phpres/php-residence/creadb.php on line 159

Inserted data isn't exact or the database isn't listening (if it's postgres make sure it is started with -i and you have right permissions in pg_hba.conf).

I've created the database manually and used the user name and password, I've also tried allowing the install script to create the database.

Is there something special I need to do?
marco

Post by marco »

Hi,
I think that normally mysql only accepts connections from localhost, so use localhost instead of the ip number or change the mysql configuration.

Marco
fralenuvol

Same MySql error

Post by fralenuvol »

I have exactly the same problem.

Usually i make all connections to MySql with the hostname (it does not accept "localhost"), and it works always fine.

I think the problem is due to something else.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.
marco

Post by marco »

Hello,
if it says "access denied" it's clearly a problem with mysql configuration, not with php-residence. Keep in mind that each user has different privileges on different databases, and also the connection type counts (socket, tcp, etc.).

Anyway let me point out that if you subscribe to my hosting service you'll have none of this problems as php-residence will be already installed and ready to use :wink:

Marco
fralenuvol

Post by fralenuvol »

This are the errors stated... and I would like to host it myself like I always do... :wink:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'FC7594_holidays'@'195.110.124.187' (using password: YES) in /holidays/prenotazioni/includes/funzioni_mysql.php on line 37

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /holidays/prenotazioni/includes/funzioni_mysql.php on line 39

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: A link to the server could not be established in /holidays/prenotazioni/includes/funzioni_mysql.php on line 39

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /holidays/prenotazioni/includes/funzioni_mysql.php on line 56

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /holidays/prenotazioni/includes/funzioni_mysql.php on line 56

ERROR IN: select * from anni where idanni = 2006
2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

Warning: mysql_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /holidays/prenotazioni/includes/funzioni_mysql.php on line 69
marco

Post by marco »

Then you should ask a mysql support forum or your hosting provider because, like I've said before, this is not a php-residence related problem.

Marco
CWW

Anyone figure out how to make this work?

Post by CWW »

Hi All,

I can't get past installation with the same message as others are getting. Did anyone discover how to tweak the settings to get past this or did the MySql people give up on Php-Residence?

Your advice would be appreciated.
marco

Post by marco »

Php-residence works quite happily with mysql, just look at the list of websites using it and there is also a tutorial showing how to install both on your computer. For php and mysql configurarion problems you should ask your hosting provider, this is their job and they get paid for it.

Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php
CWW

Post by CWW »

Nevermind...
Last edited by CWW on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
CWW

Post by CWW »

OK, with help at my hosting forum, I am all set up. My host puts a prefix before the db, which I remembered, but it also prefixes the user names, which I forgot.

Hope my errors can help someone else find this faster. Also, thanks, Marco for replying to my confusion. :D :oops:
visoikos

Post by visoikos »

HI CWW.
I think I have the same problem.

Please could you tell me more on detail how did you solution it.
My english is not reaaly good and I don´t understand your explication before.
Thanks.
CWW

Post by CWW »

My host puts my user name in front of both my database name and my user name for the database.

I solved the problem by creating my database first.
Then under database name I entered: userName_databaseName
And under user I entered: userName_DatabaseUserName

My host is Lunarpages but I think its similar with all hosts using cpanel.

Good luck!