Modify screen suggestion; duplicate users; english db?

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

etc

Modify screen suggestion; duplicate users; english db?

Post by etc »

Marco, thanks for the php-residence!

I'm trying to deploy it now and have several suggestions:

1. It would be helpful to add horizontal rules or alternating background colours in the modify reservation and modify client screens between objects. Novice users had difficulties to understand that they are modifying items on the left to the new values on the right. They were trying to associate them with items above and below as they are visually closer.

2. Is there a possibility to duplicate users? I will have 3-4 users with identical privileges and other preferences but with different names. It would be much easier to duplicate an existing user and just change the name. Or better yet, have a privilege group and associate users with it to be able to change them all at once.

3. Which leads us to database. I looked at the MySQL db php-residence uses, thinking I could just duplicate a row there. But with all the names being in italian, I did not try, being afraid to break something. Are you considering migrating all table/variable/file names to English to increase readability for others?

And thanks again for this great app!
marco

Post by marco »

Hello,
thank you for your feedback! I will add 1. and 2. to the things to do for next versions. I will look to the possibility to translate the code after version 1.0. Users' privileges are stored in table "privilegi", the first 2 columns are the "user id" and the year (1 for global privileges), the rest of the columns are the actual privileges.

Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php