Reservations begun/Manual check-out time/Zero tax items

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

db

Post by db »

Marco:

I'm beginning to think that there is nothing this software cannot do - you've been able to provide a solution for all of my challenges to date!

I have some other questions that I'd like addressed if you can: -

1) Regarding the option of prohibiting users from inserting reservations in periods already begun, I would like to be able to allow this not to include todays date i.e if someone calls and books a room today, I'd like a user who is restricted from entering reservations in periods that have passed, to be able to put them in the system under today's date; this does not currently seem to be the case. What code (if any) do I have to change to allow this. Please note, I do not want to have to allow them to enter reservations in dates that have already passed.

2) This is relatively minor but the currency formatting on the home page showing the "register" table does not match the option chosen - it currently shows, for example, as 1.230,50 instead of 1,230.50 even though I have chosen the "Money viewing format: 1,050,000.32". Is this something that I can fix?

3) We allow flexibility with the check-out time - would it therefore be possible to have a field that allows me enter this time and have it show up on the same "register" table on the home page, the same way the "check-in" time shows. This would assist us in knowing when the clients indicated they would be checking out (our check-out time is not noon like most places)

4) And finally, there are some "extra-cost" that are not taxable; when I add a tax using extra-cost percentage, how can I have this tax calculated certain items and not others. I presently have my rates assigned as "zero" and use the extra-costs fields to assign rates based on rate-category and number of days. I also use extra-cost to add certain amenities; some are taxable and others are not. Can this be accomplished and if so, how?

Looking forward to hearing from you - Keep up the excellent work!

DaCosta
marco

Re: Reservations begun/Manual check-out time/Zero tax items

Post by marco »

db wrote: 1) Regarding the option of prohibiting users from inserting reservations in periods already begun, I would like to be able to allow this not to include todays date i.e if someone calls and books a room today, I'd like a user who is restricted from entering reservations in periods that have passed, to be able to put them in the system under today's date; this does not currently seem to be the case. What code (if any) do I have to change to allow this. Please note, I do not want to have to allow them to enter reservations in dates that have already passed.
You should be able to change the "Number of hours by which anticipate the moment in which reservations are considered begun" to a negative number (-24) in "configure and customize" for that user. Be aware that this means this user will also be able move in their assigned apartments already inserted resevations beginning that day that have not checked-in.
db wrote:2) This is relatively minor but the currency formatting on the home page showing the "register" table does not match the option chosen - it currently shows, for example, as 1.230,50 instead of 1,230.50 even though I have chosen the "Money viewing format: 1,050,000.32". Is this something that I can fix?
this is a little bug, replace inizio.php whit this other one:

http://www.digitaldruid.net/download/inizio.zip
db wrote:3) We allow flexibility with the check-out time - would it therefore be possible to have a field that allows me enter this time and have it show up on the same "register" table on the home page, the same way the "check-in" time shows. This would assist us in knowing when the clients indicated they would be checking out (our check-out time is not noon like most places)
This is not possible and would require adding a column to the reservations table. For now you could add a comment for non-standard check-out.
db wrote:4) And finally, there are some "extra-cost" that are not taxable; when I add a tax using extra-cost percentage, how can I have this tax calculated certain items and not others. I presently have my rates assigned as "zero" and use the extra-costs fields to assign rates based on rate-category and number of days. I also use extra-cost to add certain amenities; some are taxable and others are not. Can this be accomplished and if so, how?
This can't be done for now either. You could add those extra costs with lower value (so that it is correct when taxes are added) and use custom variables to show them correctely in contracts.

Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php
db

Post by db »

Hi Marco:

Thanks for the advice.

I've been able to allow users to add reservations for the same day by adjusting the "Number of hours by which anticipate the moment in which reservations are considered begun" to "24" and not "-24" - don't know how this is but it seems to work.

As for the other challenges, I'll download the update and use the comments field to to add the other info.

Thanks for everything!

DaCosta