Extra cost - percentage

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

db

Extra cost - percentage

Post by db »

Hello there again!

I'm still learning new things with this software and am very impressed; it continues to surprise me with its capabilities.

I am however having trouble trying to add extra cost as a percentage - I do not understand how the "rounded to" field is supposed to work. If I put in, for example, 10% of the rate, I do not want the system to round this figure to anything - just add 10% of whatever the rate or price is; I'm trying to use this to add a tax to the rate.

Also, is there a way that I can also use this option to apply a discount percentage? From what I can tell, the discount field available can only be applied as a fixed amount and not a percentage. I was hoping to be able to add a negative percentage as an "extra cost".

What I love the most about "extra cost" is the fact that they are automatically applied based on the rooms that have been setup according to the rate category - this eliminates the possibility of charging the incorrect rate.

Please tell me if the above is possible and what I have to do in order for this to work.

Best regards,
DaCosta
marco

Post by marco »

Hello,
When you calculate the 10% you have to round it to something (otherwise you can get a number with infinite decimals..), for taxes you'll probably round it to 0.01 for example. For the discounts you can insert a negative number as the percentage.

Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php
db

Extra cost - percentage

Post by db »

Hey Marco:

Thanks for the explanation; everything is working just fine now. I'm also using the "extra cost" it to apply discounts using the negative number as you suggested... just super!

DaCosta