Creating Mid week Rates that will not allow weekend dates

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

Altahost

Creating Mid week Rates that will not allow weekend dates

Post by Altahost »

Hello All,

I am trying to set up the rates to allow reduced rates for the midweek periods Monday to Friday[5 nights] over 52 weeks. Many hotels offer "Mid Week Special Deals" which are discounted.
eg. Mon -Fri all in £69.00 where the Fri Sat Sun rate would be £20.00 per night.

I have set up a Rate called Mid week Special.
I have reduced the rate for Midweek Special to £69.00/5 =£13.80/pppn

The problem I have is how to make the system recognise these as specific dates with associated rates. It seems that when availabilty is checked a client can enter monday to sunday (accidentally) and because the Rate Selection is Mid week special the system needs to recognise that Saturday/Sunday are incorrect and prompt for them to make the Date change.

Is this possible to do? I would really appreciate any assistance

Paul
marco

Post by marco »

I would suggest using a single rate and adding the discount with an extra cost. The problem is that you'll have to explicitly add all the dates of the monday to Friday permitted periods (with the option "all days of the reservation are in the selected periods"). For next versions I'll try to add a week days option for permitted periods.

Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php
Altahost

Thanks

Post by Altahost »

Thanks Marco,

Appreciate your advice. I had suspision that it would be a long winded solution, perhaps I will wait until the next version as I am dealing with nearly 50 hotels.

Just one more thought, have you ever attempted creation of a Joomla component? It seems to be the way a lot are going these days and having been involved with joomla software for many months, php residence would be a superb and popular component edition.

Thanks again

Paul
marco

Post by marco »

Hello Paul,
maybe I'll look into this after version 1.0, if it's possible doing it without depending on their code (meaning that if joomla coders decide to change something php-residence will stop working), I have already enough traking changes in php and mysql/postgresql. The advantage is having the same users for joomla and php-residence, right?

Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php
Altahost

Several Advantages I think

Post by Altahost »

I know what you mean with the ongoing dev of php,sql etc. I also know joomla very well too. There code base is very stable and has been for over 18 months. Version changes have made very little difference to the itegration of components though I admit components have also developed in that time.

Because joomla installs and manages so easily and in my humble opinion is the best CMS out there, it is popular and so too would php residence. I really feel that it would be worth the effort and I also think your support time would drop, especially on installation and therefore you may find a little more time to further develop.

What ever you decide, I wish you all the very best

Paul