Percentage extra cost

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

db

Percentage extra cost

Post by db »

Hello Marco:

I am very close to trying out this wonderful program in a real-life environment for the first time; to-date, everything has passed the test.

One of the things that I would like to do is allow entry into the "extra-cost, percentage field" as a decimal point. ie. we have 2 taxes that are applicable - one is 7.25% and the other is 8.50%. Needless to say not being able to enter the quarter and half percent is a problem. Is there anyway you can tell me if this can be changed, and if so, help me identify where in the code this would have to be done - my Italian is non-existent.

I think that I've exhausted all the ways to do this, but short of using a calculator and adding the extra costs, I've come up with no answers. It would be a pity if this can't be done as everything else is working awesome so far. I know that I've had several queries in the past, all of which you have assisted with - I do hope that you can help out here.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
DaCosta
marco

Post by marco »

The extra cost percentage can be inserted with decimals, the only problem is that there is a limit to 3 characters when modifying the cost. Try inserting the value when inserting a new cost.

Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php
db

Post by db »

Thanks Marco:

I've been able to increase the "3" character limit to allow the decimal point.

Regards,
DaCosta