How to Assistance

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

whacker

How to Assistance

Post by whacker »

Hello

Have placed all files in directory on my website
initiated file php-residence/inizio.php in browser
could not get beyound mysql setup....????
Is there anywhere I can get more info on this software install and setup other then the readme files and this forum...
I'm a rookie and apparently need some clarification!!
Thanks Walter
whacker

Help

Post by whacker »

Wop
I worked my way through this
My website host required all MYsql databases to be created on their CPANEL as they would not accept connection through remote PHP Script....?
Now to work my way through this and set it up???
FUN
Great Marco Thanks for now
WHACKERjavascript:emoticon(':o')
Surprised
whacker

Set Up

Post by whacker »

Hi
It appears this software has an infinate number of ways to set up rooms, and that is great!!
However I'm looking for some suggestions on how to set up our property..

We have
6 rooms in Inn
- all different rates
- 2 seasons peak and off-season
-daily 3 day and weekly rates
Also have 2 Chalets same rates schedule as above...

Is it possibly to enter the period in availabilty checker for the particular room/ chalet with the date picker and select the particular room and have an answer with respect to rate and availability???

I've spent Hours

I have set up rate 1 as room1 etc...
for the 3 day and 7 day rate I created 2 extra costs Tables showing the discounts...
for an availability enquiry for a three day period this discount was shown, however I could not get this to work for 7 days ..
Ideally any booking 4 days and above would be the the daily rate for 7 days times the number of days....
Also, I had added a reservation for 3 days in November and then did an availability check for the same room for 10 days including the previousely booked 3 day period..
The calander showed these three days in red , however the availability check indicated I could still book that same room for the extended period....
This seems to be amazing software, are there any suggestions how to best set our sitiuation up???
Thanks Walter
marco

Re: Set Up

Post by marco »

Hello Walter,
whacker wrote: I have set up rate 1 as room1 etc...
Ok
whacker wrote: for the 3 day and 7 day rate I created 2 extra costs Tables showing the discounts...
for an availability enquiry for a three day period this discount was shown, however I could not get this to work for 7 days ..
Ideally any booking 4 days and above would be the the daily rate for 7 days times the number of days....
I don't understand how your rates work (for a 10 days reservation all days have the same price? or price for days 1-3 different from 4-7 different from 8-10?). Maybe an example would be useful.
As for the 7 days extra cost (discount) not showing are you sure it was associated with the selected rate?
whacker wrote: Also, I had added a reservation for 3 days in November and then did an availability check for the same room for 10 days including the previousely booked 3 day period..
The calander showed these three days in red , however the availability check indicated I could still book that same room for the extended period....
Probably this is because you haven't set up the assignment rule 2. You must associate the rate "room1" to the apartment "room1", etc. This way when you insert a reservation with that rate it will be assigned to that apartment (or list of apartments), otherways the reservation is assigned to all apartments and can be moved by the automatic assignment.

Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php
whacker

Set Up

Post by whacker »

Hi Thanks for ur reply

our rates

6 rooms
2 chalets
2 seasons (2 periods)
eg
Room 1
1 day
3 day
7 day
so, 6 rates per room 36 rates in total for rooms plus
12 rates for Chalets

total 6 rates for this room
also add extra person same rate year round
these rates are different for each room
I have set up
3 day and 7 day extra cost table for 2 periods which show discounts to set 3 and 7 day rates if this number of days is selected in the availability template...
Initially I could not get this to work, apparently if I try to edit these table I run into a problem.
So, I have found that deleting and adding a new table seems to work better.....
what you have created seems very flexible, just looking for suggestions on how to best set up

This is how I have things so far.
Would like to have the tax so that it is added automatically without the check box and would like to add extra person box which can be custumer controlled to allow addition of extra person based on max Capacity of rooms.....
Havin Fun though
Cheers Walter
Last edited by whacker on Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marco

Post by marco »

I see you apply discounts on reservations of exactly x days, you can also apply them to reservations longer than x days. For taxes you can apply the extra cost to the rates without any reservation length condition and apply it to the entire price (including other extra costs).

Marco
whacker

ongoing set up

Post by whacker »

Hi
Thanks Marco for all the advice., I am making some headway and getting some thins to work...
Is it possible to make a reservation for 2007.
I have the rate inserted for the end of 2007 and when I try to book a room for 2007 the booking comes through as a message in the Main Menu..
however when i look to insert this reservation, the information is not acceted...
Must be something I'm overlooking
Cheers
WHacker
whacker

next year

Post by whacker »

Hi Marco

Aha, found this in the read me file!!!

-If you work between 2 years don't create the new year until
it actually begins. You can insert reservations of the next
year from the menu of the current year, extra months can be
added by selecting the rates table and using the 'Add Periods'
button. When the new year arrives create it and import the
reservations from the previous year (to do that the same types
of periods of the previous year must be used and if the
periods are weekly also the same starting/ending day of the
week).

had already created availability template for 2007, Mistake!!!
Was not able to access availabilities for 2006 any more, well that was yesterday...
Deleted the Database and started new, LOL
Getting good at this.....
And Guess what, I can now book 2007 and find the bookings on the availability Calander....
This software is getting better all the time, trial and error I guess..
Cheers
Walter
marco

Post by marco »

You can delete a year without needing to delete the whole database.

Marco