Restricting dropdowns

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

AJMegaughin

Restricting dropdowns

Post by AJMegaughin »

Is there away of passing a parameter to /instant_booking_tpl.php or /availability_tpl.php
to force them to only show availability for a specific rate type ?
(Rather than showing all types in the dropdown?)

For example, if I have one webpage per apartment, I'd like to take the client to a booking form which only shows them the Apartment for the page they were looking at.
Andrew J Megaughin. Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
email : digitaldruid@selfcateringedinburgh.eu
web : http://www.selfcateringedinburgh.eu
Happily using PHP-Residence / HotelDruid since 2007
AJMegaughin

Re: Restricting dropdowns

Post by AJMegaughin »

SOLVED ! SOLVED ! SOLVED !
(And without having to pass any parameters, all thanks to Marco's flexible code.)

As you probably know, it's possible to determine which rates are displayed on the normal availability page.
( Configure > Website > Website pages > Availability Page ) You simply use the checkboxes beside each rate before creating availability_tpl.php

What I wanted was to have multiple versions of availability_tpl.php available, at the same time, each showing different rates.

This is possible, if you self-host, by creating the file multiple times and keep renaming it, but I couldn't see a way of doing it with the digital druid hosting option.

As with may things, it's possible, but only if you can find the the right bit to edit !-)

Under Menu > Configure & Customise is the option "Directories where website pages are created:"
By default, everything is created in /pub folder, but it's possible to create others here
e.g. enter /,DEV/,Apartment_1/,Apartment_2/ then press <change>
This creates a DEV sub-folder for testing purposes and a sub-folder for 2 apartments.

When you navigate back to Configure > Website > Website pages , you will see that the page has changed.

A new "Directory" option now exists with a drop-down
pub
pub/Dev
pub/Apartment_1
pub/Apartment_2 etc. etc.

By selecting the appropriate folder in the drop-down you can determine where the availability_tpl.php will be created. So you can create multiple versions , with different rates displaying via the check-boxes, in multiple folders.

So now I have one webpage linking to pub/Apartment_1/availability_tpl.php , another to pub/Apartment_2/availability_tpl.php etc. etc.

Apologies if that's not 100% clear, but hopefully it will help someone with the same problem I had.
AJM.
Andrew J Megaughin. Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
email : digitaldruid@selfcateringedinburgh.eu
web : http://www.selfcateringedinburgh.eu
Happily using PHP-Residence / HotelDruid since 2007
bluealmondhostel

Re: Restricting dropdowns

Post by bluealmondhostel »

I have done something similar, but manually, this solution is wayyyyyyyyyyy easier and better!
thanks for sharing.
CutNGlass

Multiple Availability Pages ... was Re: Restricting dropdown

Post by CutNGlass »

Thanks for sharing. I am going to try this.