How to place 6 people in 3 2bed rooms

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

zarko

How to place 6 people in 3 2bed rooms

Post by zarko »

I am new to this :) and trying to figure things up.
I have clean instalation of p.r.1.22 at home, under EasyPHP 5.2.10. I've entered 5 rooms with 2,2,2,3,3 beds. There is only one rate, it is assigned to all rooms (Assignment rule 2). There are no reservations, all rooms are free.

When I enter new reservation with 6 people, I continously get error
There are no apartments between the requested ones that can accomodate 6 people.
I've expected program to automaticaly devide that group to 2+2+2 persons and reserve first three free rooms. Can it do that? How?
Tried checking Nearby apartments, no help.
What step did I miss? Thank you.
gonesouth

Re: How to place 6 people in 3 2bed rooms

Post by gonesouth »

Hi,

You will need to set it up to assign rooms by rule two, and then the user must either pick 3 rooms for 2 each, or two rooms for 3 each.
zarko

Post by zarko »

Thank you. As I wrote, the only rate is assigned to all rooms by rule two.
So I have to assign rooms manualy, either 2+2+2 or 3+3.

It is not problem with just few rooms, but I wanted to use it on 60-70 rooms. Imagine 80% full hotel, new group of 8 persons, and me manualy searching for 3 rooms close to each other. It would be easier if program offered some solution that I can except as offered or modify criteria until satisfied. That is surely planned for version 2.1 :mrgreen:
gonesouth

Post by gonesouth »

Actually, it will assign rooms in the order you set. And you can set up rooms as close to each other. It does what you want, you just need to finish setting it up.
marco

Post by marco »

Hello,
you can use the "add other types" button when inserting a reservation, so you can insert the number of doubles, triples, etc. that you need (I think most of the times you will be told wich room types are needed, not "80 people and do as you wish"..), then php-residence will assign the requested rooms automatically, no need to manually search for rooms.

Regards,
Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php