Assignment rule 4 & availability form

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

kyomar

Assignment rule 4 & availability form

Post by kyomar »

Hi,

I have assigned the rates in rule 4 as following:
single room, number of people 1
twin room, number of people 2
triple room, number of people 3

I thought that in doing so the number of people in the availability form (template) will be set accordingly to rule 4. But when I open the availability form the number of people showing is always 2 whatever rate I choose. What am I doing wrong?

Any help/clarification is very appreciated.

Many thanks,
Markus
gonesouth

Re: Assignment rule 4 & availability form

Post by gonesouth »

I think it's hard-coded to assume 2 guests per room. If you think about the number of people who will book the single when there are two of them by neglecting that box, you're better off, IMHO, to use the standard extra cost system to account for extra people. The only problem we have with it is that once or twice a year someone with one adult and two kids books and gets the room for $10 off, since we give kids free by adding $10 for the third person and then deducting $10 back of for kids.
I hope some year it happens enough to be a problem!
kyomar

Re: Assignment rule 4 & availability form

Post by kyomar »

thanks a lot for your reply - very appreciated. I am not using that box (number of people) anymore - as you suggested us well. I am even not working with extra beds enymore (see http://www.digitaldruid.net/php-residen ... ?f=1&t=667).

I have found the following functions to work the best for me:

prices for 1, 2, 3, 4 Person per room/night. The only extra costs/discounts I am working with are:
- Kids till 3yr (free)
- Kids 4 - 13yr (50%)
- Staying 5+ nights 10% discount

This works very well.