"ghost" reservation in the month - display table

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

gorbeau

"ghost" reservation in the month - display table

Post by gorbeau »

First of all, congratulations to Marco, this is a super tool and I am using it for about two months for my little hotel in northern France. In fact, I am depending on it.

Today I had my first glitch, after about 90 reservations over the last month or so.

Here is what happened: I was inserting a reservation normally, except for some reason (I guess I clicked on Insert - Client instead of Insert - Reservation, and I inserted the client first. Usually I do the reservation and then the client when asked)

after I inserted the client, I tried to put in a reservation. I entered in all the required data, but when I submitted, the system appeared to hang. After a while I killed the browser since it was not responding.

When I restarted another browser, I now get, in the place where the reservation should be in the "graphical" table, a red box with a question mark.

The reservation does not appear in the reservation list.

When I try to make a new, complete reservation for that day and that apartment, I am not permitted to.

But I cannot get rid of the reservation.

I tried to analyse the situation on my own by using MySQLQueryBrowser to see the table structures and contents. It seems that the client is in there OK, but there is no entry for the reservation in the prenota2008 table. I cannot see anyplace where I can eliminate a row.

Can you help me? There is obviously some place where the reservation is indicated but it is not complete so the system is confused an puts up a question mark and red box.

I actually use this system every day so I am a bit in a mess.

All your help would be appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Kind regards from Etretat, on the beach in Normandy.

Jon Cooper
Jardin Gorbeau
Etretat
www dot gorbeau dot com
gorbeau

THere is magic in software

Post by gorbeau »

Well, you may not believe it but after doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, this condition went away.

I went to bed, and this morning, when I opened php-residence the red box with a question mark was gone and I could enter a reservation.

Somehow the anomaly was rectified, deep inside MySQL ?

Do you have an explanation for this ?

Thanks.

Jon
Jardin Gorbeau
Etretat, France
rulez22

Post by rulez22 »

Simple answer:
DON'T insert client first, do your bookings through "Insert new reservation", you insert dates and rates on the first screen, then you insert clients data on the second screen. If you do not pass second screen (close your browser or click back in your browser instead of the script generated button on that page) - you will se question mark booking. You should finish all the steps inserting it until you see message "booking has been inserted!" Question mark bookings clear itself after about 10-15 minutes. System will delete those as unfinished bookings which in this case you did.
marco

Post by marco »

If you don't want to block the apartment while you're inserting the reservation you can also change the minutes to wait to 0 in "configure and customize" as administrator user.

Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php