Email won't work with my docs - works with samples HELP,

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

gonesouth

Email won't work with my docs - works with samples HELP,

Post by gonesouth »

Please help!

I have created a number of documents and was using them with no problems. Suddenly, the sample documents still work, but the ones I created do not work, they simply won't send at all.

When I compare the documents themselves I cannot find any significant differences that wouold cause this. I wrote a small php code to verify that PHP mail works OK. It does.

I think what I did wrong was to try to test the ability to send an email document with an attachment that used the "mail merge" functionality that is built into the documents. Aside from that, I have switched the masquerading on and off a few times, and switched the document types back and forth to ensure that the doctype showing was in fact saved as email.

Where do I start to fix this?

Thanks

Jim
gonesouth

Post by gonesouth »

I have done some more on this, and it seems that it's the cc function which isn't functioning. As soon as I unclicked the "send copy to" checkbox it works again. Marco, can you tell me which lines of code call the cc feature in which file so I can ask my host why it won't work correctly?

Thanks

Jim
rulez22

Post by rulez22 »

Can I ask you - are you hosted on digitaldruid server?
If not I would suggest to give him a break, your system seem to be so complicated in rates policy (stated from your previous topics - different room types, kids, smoking, non-smoking, pets, extra supplement, etc.. and you only have 18 rooms).
PHP-Residence is a great system but rather than helping to improve it by writing a code or finding bugs (which is more important) - you keep asking these dumb questions (no offence). Please think before you open another topic. It is developed under GPL license by the way, what is your contribution to it?
gonesouth

Post by gonesouth »

rulez22,

No I have not bought the server package. Although I haven't contributed financially I am trying to contribute by writing small sections of howto's for different things, and by answering orther user's questions to perhaps keep Marco from needing to reply to some of them.

As far as my system being complicated, it reflects the market we are in, and I think you will find yourself in a similar market quite soon, as the world is closing in on all of us.

In the long run, I think we will find that PHP_Residence will be best served by a support forum which has more real users helping other real users than it being a fancy way to contact Marco. If the other users agree, I can go back to working on the howto side and ignore answering posts......
gonesouth

Solved

Post by gonesouth »

Works fine now.
marco

Post by marco »

No problem, anyone can post questions or answers on this forum as long as they are on topic, just don't take for granted I or somebody else will answer them (or how fast they will be answered). I make daily answers by mail only to digitaldruid.net hosting subscibers. Indeed Jim "gonesouth" has given many useful answers on this forum.

Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php