Custom reservation types...

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

jagd

Custom reservation types...

Post by jagd »

Hi Marc!

Thanks a lot for your great job and sharing all that stuff.

I`ve started to customize that cool tool (i can send you polish locale files set) and i found serious problem.

I`m not so advanced in php-programming but i`ve added few new features for my own needs:

- custom reservation types (depends of customer kind)
- custom colours for every res.-type
- i`ve made some visual-improovements in UI

Problem is:

When i want to add new reservation - i have my own list with type reservation-types. (12).
Everyhing works cool - until i want to edit any reservation...
Usage of this same kind of modification (dropdown menu with "case" switch in php) doesn`t works becouse of table-blocking... (app thinks that table is just edited by another user?)

How can i turn it off? (or how to do it better?)

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

- thx -

Mark.
marco

Post by marco »

Hello Mark,
to disable table locking just comment out lines containing the functions lock_tabelle() and unlock_tabelle(). Or to disable it everywhere comment the lines inside these functions in the file includes/funzioni_mysql.php . Be aware that this can be risky if there is more than 1 contemporary access to the database.

What do you need reservation types for? I'm wondering if what you need can't already be done with rates and/or users.

Marco
jagd

Special needs ;)

Post by jagd »

Well, my friends wants to have an application to store their reservations.

In fact - payments module is not required, becouse for a while they don`t need this functionality (although - its great).
Most important functionality is customer colour-code (each colour for custom kind of reservation, f.ex.: training confirmed | not confirmed, weekend residency: confirmed | not confirmed...) - especially on month-graph and reservation-table.

they also needs customers database - so - i decided to use your app - though excess functionalities ;)

I`m tryin to invent how to add res.-type dropdown menu to "edit reservation" form - not cancelling locking tables (it`s vaery handy functionality, which should work... ;))

Also working on css customization...

Anyway - thx. for your answer!
If you have some suggestions - it`d be very aprecciated :))

Regards.
Mark.
marco

Post by marco »

Maybe you could have used rates for reservation types (a rate for each type) putting their price to 0 if you don't need it.

Marco