Put different people together in same room? What about Group

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

tbholt

Put different people together in same room? What about Group

Post by tbholt »

Thank you for a great program!!! I have just started to use it, and it is wonderful. Have been looking for such program for years with no luck. Thanks.

Is it possible to put different people in same room?

A typical senarion for us is:
We have two different people sharing a room. One is from Ghana and one is from Sweden. They shall pay for one bed each, individually.

Are there a way to do that?

The other question.
We often get groups of 10 to 20 people. Are there a way to search for availability of a group which would totally blow the capacity of a single room/apartment?

Benjamin
marco

Post by marco »

Hi Benjamin,
for the first question my advice is to consider each bed as a separate apartment, and maybe consider the floor as the apartment. For example you can use apartment names 40a, 40b, etc all belonging to floor 40. The problem is that if a client wants an entire room you will have to make multiple reservations with fixed apartments for him, so the automatic assignment won't be used. This should be solved in version 0.7 as I plan to add the possibility to keep some reservations in close apartments as an assignment rule.

For the second question you can search availability and insert reservations, contemporarely, for more than one reservation type and for more than one apartment of each type.

Marco
tbholt

Post by tbholt »

Thank you!
Looking forward to the .7