Document contract

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

alexandre

Document contract

Post by alexandre »

Hi I don t understand how to create, customize doucments even after being read the documentation help from the official web site

I created and inserted a new reservation but no documents appear on the drop down list "view document". IS there a way to get or generate the documents ? is it a bug ?
I already checked the forum's posts but I couldn t find anythin useful to resove my problem

Regards,

Alexandre Durand
alexandre

Post by alexandre »

please is there anyone who could help me. I really get stuck and can t find a way to get the document feature working

thank in advance for your time

regards

alex
PeterP

Post by PeterP »

Alex, in the config and customise page, at the bottom you will see the table with sample documents in Italian, Spanish and English. The "Document No" is in fact a link and opens an editing page. You can use this to create HTML, RTF, or an e-mail. Each alteration needs that you click save or action or something like that.
You can change the wording and allocate field variables to be shown - experiment, you won't damage anything! I initially created an e-mail but I found that the e-mail opened directly in Thunderbird - so the main screen didn't register that I had replied to the e-mail from the Booking form.
So instead, I created an RTF document - you click this in Message window and then click download - it opens in your default RTF writer. You click reply on the e-mail in your client (not in the php-residence message) and simply copy and paste into the email. Extra steps - it will do it for you - but you will be able to see that you replied.
Thinking about it now ..- the edit document simply helps you create an SQL query. It occurs to me that the HTML page could just be saved as a php file - giving you even more options.
Hope this helps.
PS It took me about 3 weeks to discover that the 'document no." is a hyperlink to the edit page!
alexandre

Post by alexandre »

Thank you so much that was it !! just changed the number as you said! I didn t think about it and this is not shown on the web documention from the officail php-residence website. I would make a note or update the online help if if I were the webmaster.

Hiowever I still can t see the examples files in english or italian...would you know where they are lcoated in the system path or from the web interface?

I will keep eperimenting and let you know

cheers

Alexandre
PeterP

Post by PeterP »

Documents 1 and 3 are in Italian and Spanish.
alexandre

Post by alexandre »

For me document 1 or document 3 are both empty if i click on each link...

I tried the EMAIL format and when I go to mesage it says type 1 only but not english or spanish.I view the dcument but it is blanck as i need to edit it first but it would be great if i could get a sample. The EMAIL looks working fine with me as opposed to you where thunderbird opens the email, I don t experince the same problem as you

cheers

alex
marco

Post by marco »

Hello Alex,
those documents are just examples, not for production, so once you've understood how they work you can insert any text and create new documents from zero. In the documents features page, on this website, it's stated that you can modify them from "configure and customize", guess I'll have to make it clearer or create a tutorial. For PeterP, you can activate sending also a php-residence message (besides the email) when creating the availability internet template.

Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php