restrict user to 1 apartment

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

tazilein

restrict user to 1 apartment

Post by tazilein »

Hello !

First I have to say that I really like php-residence. We use ist for a small apartment rental (6 units). Now we have a friend who also does reservations via our website. I want him to be able to insert and view all reservations for HIS APARTMENT, but see nothing of the other ones.

I tried to use the rules, but did not get a good result. Do you have a small description for me ?
noel

Post by noel »

Hello,

I think that it isn't possible, It will be better for you to install another version of php-residence in an other directory and in an other Base SQL.
And you put his appartment and give him his password :)

Noël
marco

Post by marco »

Hello,
actually it is possible as explained here:

To limit the apartments that a user can use there are two ways. The first, that allows to limit also the periods besides the apartments, consists in allowing the user to insert reservations only in periods of assignment rule 1 with selected motivations. The second instead consists in allowing the user to use only rates bound to selected apartments by the assignment rule 2 and not allowing him to neither insert nor modify the direct assignment of apartments.

Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php
tazilein

Post by tazilein »

Hello,

thank you it now nearly works the way I want :). I can restrict the owner to only be able to enter reservations to his apartment.

In the monthly view I would prefer that the owner only sees his apartment and there all reservations that have been entered (from him or me). I can only choose that he sees his apartment, but only the reservations he entered (the others are grey) or I can choose that he sees all apartments with all reservations in it.

I would search for the way in the middle - see only one apartment in the month table but all reservations (no grey ones).

Is that possible ?
marco

Post by marco »

If you use php-residence as administrator user you can set the reservations in that apartment as inserted by the other user. This is more easily done using assignment rule 3 with a rate that assigns that apartment (with assignment rule 2).

Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php