Excessive number of incorrect logins in the last 90 minutes.

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

patrick79

Excessive number of incorrect logins in the last 90 minutes.

Post by patrick79 »

I have misspelled my admin password during login and now I am unable to login anymore with the admin account.

"Excessive number of incorrect logins in the last 90 minutes."

I can still login with a user account though.

After searching the forum I found a hint to delete abilita_login to login without a password. Aferwards I disabled and re-enabled the admin password but still get the same error message.

Where is the login status stored? How can I reset it?
noel

Post by noel »

Hello Patrick79,

I think that this timeout is in the php.ini .
You can try to reboot your server, after it will work, like this you needn't to wait 90 minutes.

Sincerely

Noël
marco

Post by marco »

Hello,
actually the timeout for wrong logins depends on session time (you set it in "configure and costumize").

Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php
cswann

Post by cswann »

marco wrote:Hello,
actually the timeout for wrong logins depends on session time (you set it in "configure and costumize").

Marco
Greetings,

1. Are you saying that the login lockout period is the same as the session timeout period? If that is so, is there a way to disable the session time out. It will not accept a zero value. Looks like default is 5 minutes.
where can you set the number of login attempts?

2. When you confirm a reservation does it physically do anything to the reservation records to prevent certain actions against it, or does it just set a flag that processes can check for and react to based on user settings?

Thanks for any input.
marco

Post by marco »

cswann wrote:1. Are you saying that the login lockout period is the same as the session timeout period? If that is so, is there a way to disable the session time out. It will not accept a zero value. Looks like default is 5 minutes.
where can you set the number of login attempts?
Yes, it's the same time. You can't set a zero value because the session would be already expired after the login. The number of attempts is hard coded.
cswann wrote:2. When you confirm a reservation does it physically do anything to the reservation records to prevent certain actions against it, or does it just set a flag that processes can check for and react to based on user settings?
Confirming a reservation, inside php-residence, has the only effect of changing the color of the reservation in tables.

Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php
jay

Re: Excessive number of incorrect logins in the last 90 minu

Post by jay »

sorry for diging this out, but here's a hack for others happening to facing this issue:
go to the database and look at the table transazioni
then you may just delete those stating err_l corresponding to the desired username. After this, the username is unlocked again.