NEW FEATURES

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

rulez22

NEW FEATURES

Post by rulez22 »

Hello people, could you tell me what do you think about some new features, maybe we can ask Marco:
-when client choose how many people per apartment is it possible to make fields for other passenger's names? So let's say client choose 2 people - next page he will see fields for 1st and second person names
-what about different currencies? Would be nice to have 1 system variable and make different currencies depend on it. Let's say system variable = 1 and lets say it's euro and you can make dollar = 1*1.30259
British Pound = 1*0.661734, etc. And all charges and prices will be made this way.
It would be nice to be able to configure it in backoffice system.
-also email notification of reservation he just made for a client (this wont be difficult to make)
-in backoffice system when you can see 8 fields for season rates (called "Insertion on daily basis"), would be very good idea to see these variables (these fields are always empty), when you open the page it's not that hard to make selection from database

What do you think?

Also would like to thank Marco for the system, it's very flexible and easy to use.
marco

Re: NEW FEATURES

Post by marco »

rulez22 wrote:-when client choose how many people per apartment is it possible to make fields for other passenger's names? So let's say client choose 2 people - next page he will see fields for 1st and second person names
I'm working right now on this feature, but it will take some time..
rulez22 wrote:-what about different currencies? Would be nice to have 1 system variable and make different currencies depend on it. Let's say system variable = 1 and lets say it's euro and you can make dollar = 1*1.30259
British Pound = 1*0.661734, etc. And all charges and prices will be made this way.
Where would you need it (when inserting paid money, when inserting other prices, when showing prices, etc)?
rulez22 wrote:-also email notification of reservation he just made for a client (this wont be difficult to make)
Isn't this already possible? Insert the reservation, select the contract and send the email.
rulez22 wrote:-in backoffice system when you can see 8 fields for season rates (called "Insertion on daily basis"), would be very good idea to see these variables (these fields are always empty), when you open the page it's not that hard to make selection from database
You can use the modify button below the rates table, you'll have the fields already filled for all periods and rates.

Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php
rulez22

Post by rulez22 »

rulez22 wrote:-what about different currencies? Would be nice to have 1 system variable and make different currencies depend on it. Let's say system variable = 1 and lets say it's euro and you can make dollar = 1*1.30259
Where would you need it (when inserting paid money, when inserting other prices, when showing prices, etc)?

When client make a booking online it would be more convenient to make him choose currency (dropdown box or radiobutton) and see total price of booking in preferred format. I don't think there is need for inserting prices in different currencies in backoffice system.
Have a look at this example, I think this is the best system to organize currencies in order http://www.shop-script-demo.com/pro/adm ... currencies
And also I think showing rates in different currencies required too.
rulez22 wrote:-also email notification of reservation he just made for a client (this wont be difficult to make)
Isn't this already possible? Insert the reservation, select the contract and send the email.

Oh, I'm sorry you did it this way. I didn't understand, sorry.
rulez22 wrote:-in backoffice system when you can see 8 fields for season rates (called "Insertion on daily basis"), would be very good idea to see these variables (these fields are always empty), when you open the page it's not that hard to make selection from database
You can use the modify button below the rates table, you'll have the fields already filled for all periods and rates.
Marco[/quote]

It's just when I need to modify them I have to have my hardcopy with me, because I don't see rates already inserted.
marco

Post by marco »

rulez22 wrote:It's just when I need to modify them I have to have my hardcopy with me, because I don't see rates already inserted.
In the last version 0.6.4 you can modify the rates table (not the page where you insert prices), maybe you have a previous version?

Marco
rulez22

Post by rulez22 »

marco wrote:
rulez22 wrote:It's just when I need to modify them I have to have my hardcopy with me, because I don't see rates already inserted.
In the last version 0.6.4 you can modify the rates table (not the page where you insert prices), maybe you have a previous version?

Marco
I found it! Not that easy though ;) Yes I'm running latest version. Thank you Marco!
rulez22

Another issue

Post by rulez22 »

Also interesting thing i found out recently, which PHP-RESIDENCE does not do - some people would like to book but program says - there is no availability, BUT.. if you move them around there still is. Like lets say person want's to book accommodation for 10 days, person stays 2 days in room1, 3 days in room2 and 5 days in room3. And it's better rathen than just loose a booking. What's your ideas?
marco

Post by marco »

When you insert the reservation or check availability as administrator user you are given the option to break up the reservation when possible. For internet templates showing the availability calendar should give a hint about this possibility to visitors.

Marco
rulez22

Post by rulez22 »

marco wrote:When you insert the reservation or check availability as administrator user you are given the option to break up the reservation when possible. For internet templates showing the availability calendar should give a hint about this possibility to visitors.

Marco
Ok, thanks, that one sorted.
I found another thing which is probably bug, when clients book online and they are from different countries like Holland, Sweden they make reservations in their languages and reservation information becomes missing from certain point because they used they native language symbols. I hope you understand what i mean, is it possible to make some sort of protection so they can make reservation just in english? German symbols like "Straße" seems ok but swedish "sökning" doesnt seem to be working
marco

Post by marco »

Php-residence uses utf-8 encoding so should support those symbols, where is it that they are missing? (email or php-residence message?)

Marco
rulez22

Post by rulez22 »

marco wrote:Php-residence uses utf-8 encoding so should support those symbols, where is it that they are missing? (email or php-residence message?)

Marco
it was in in both - "Messages" in PHP-Residence and the email (so it wasnt email client fault for sure)

PS. Also, one little thing i found - is there a possibility to see when booking has been inserted?

Aren't you tired of my requests =) Great programme by the way! Thank you!
marco

Post by marco »

Maybe it's the visitor's browser that doesn't support utf-8 and sends the data in a different encoding (the form specifies to use utf-8 ). If so the problem remains if you can't tell wich encoding the data is being sent.
In "configure and customize" you can select to show the column "insertion date" in the table with all the reservations.

Marco
rulez22

Post by rulez22 »

marco wrote:Maybe it's the visitor's browser that doesn't support utf-8 and sends the data in a different encoding (the form specifies to use utf-8 ). If so the problem remains if you can't tell wich encoding the data is being sent.
In "configure and customize" you can select to show the column "insertion date" in the table with all the reservations.

Marco
Just received another one. I'll show you right here, someone from Spain filled form in and put country "España" and I got FULL request by mail but in "Messages" all I can see is this. See attachment
Last edited by rulez22 on Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marco

Post by marco »

Sorry, I can't see the attachment...

Marco
rulez22

Post by rulez22 »

marco wrote:Sorry, I can't see the attachment...

Marco
sorry, updated
marco

Post by marco »

Maybe the problem lies in the database. Can you insert ñ when inserting a reservation from the backend?

Marco