Picking a Specific Room

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

eddiebett

Picking a Specific Room

Post by eddiebett »

I am setting this up for a reservation of 8 guest rooms. I want the customer to be able to see which specific rooms are Available and whether they have one or two beds in them and then select the room they want. Plus I need to show that a 10 cleaning fee is added to the price. Sorry if this is a dumb questions but I am new to this and have been messing with it for about 5 hours now and can't figure it out. Please help. Ed
gonesouth

Re: Picking a Specific Room

Post by gonesouth »

If you want the guest to pick a specific room (and see how full or empty you are) you create your prices as specific rooms so that they can see availability and book that room. I would respectfully suggest that you are more likely to get the guest to take their second choice room if you group the rooms by type (in my case King, Queen, Two Doubles, Two doubles with cot and finally, Two doubles with Pet allowed.) As you can see from my types, there can be some overlap in that one room can appear under several different types. If you go with single room naming, be careful that you don't inadvertently give away information you may not want to share.
gonesouth

Re: Picking a Specific Room

Post by gonesouth »

The cleaning charge is done as an extra charge, either by night or by stay, as appropriate.