Tour Operator - One day reservations

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

mexicoverde

Tour Operator - One day reservations

Post by mexicoverde »

Hello Marco,

I've considering to use HotelDruid in a Glamping site, and instead of regular rooms, we have what what we call Safari Tents, also we offer adventure activities and tours.
I've setup the databases and decided to add "minimum stay added costs" in order to create multi day packages and it works quite well, now the only thing I would like to figure out is how can I manage one day activities. First because when selecting the dates I cannot create one day reservations (as I get a next day check out date), If it's not easy to adapt this, we can live with it, just by naming the fare and knowing that the initial date is the date that the activity will take place.
Here is the tricky part:
I've setup a unit called "Activity" with maximum capacity of 200. Could it be possible to add multiple guests to this (room or apartment) unit.?
I don't want to have individual units for each reservation, as a hostel would do with beds, mainly because we have several activities and the monthly reservation table would be huge and not easy to print.
What would you suggest?

Thank you in advance, and regards.
marco

Re: Tour Operator - One day reservations

Post by marco »

For the 1 day activities you could use javascript in the internet pages to transform the second date in a "hidden" field. There is no way to assign multiple reservations to the same unit in the same period and there won't be in the future, but maybe there will be some improvements to handle this situation (show groups of units in month table, etc). Now you can have a user that doesn't see the units for activities and a user that sees only them.

Regards,
Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php