CSS

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

gromeo

CSS

Post by gromeo »

Marco, I see you don't use much css in the system, you use it, but not in external files.... what I mean is, that if you use, let's say, 2-3 files for the different purposes, it will be a GREAT advantage for everybody, to change the look and feel easy and quickly..... If you don't have the time, I may create the css for you, with the rules you have allready, and modyfy the php files as needed... God is good, as I know little italian :P and it helps ;)

I can send you the theme files, modifyed by me - the css and the xhtml - yes, not html, but xhtml doctype declaration - without it the browsers interpret css badly sometimes. :)

My idea is - all the links to be declared in single css file, and the variables you use to declare styles to remain the same - I can't figure how can a variable address something in a css file.... ?
marco

Post by marco »

The point is I aleady consider the theme files as external files. Anyway you can create a new theme copying the "sim" directory with a new name of 3 letters and changing the names in "name.php" file. From the new theme you can call external .css files if you prefer it, but you can't use php variables in those.

Marco
Mountain/\Ash

Post by Mountain/\Ash »

Marco,

I am very interested in using this code for a client of mine. I also wanted to contribute to the development of the project by updating the HTML to be valid xHTML (with more semantic meaning ie. fieldsets, legends and labels) and use CSS for all the presentational aspects of the project.

Do you have an open version control repository when I could update the latest version of your code?
marco

Post by marco »

Hello,
for now I would like to finish the development of main parts of php-residence by myself. Contributions like new themes, translations (and contracts backups from next versions) are welcome, as also bug reports and suggestions on features.

I know that adding "class" labels to the html elements and replacing the tables that are used for page layout with blocks would be useful for themes customization. But for my little knowledge of css I could be missing something here.

I think that html strict would be a better choice over xhtml as it would retain compatibility with old browsers and I'm not aware of advantages of xhtml in current browsers.

Marco