Change of new year AFTER january 10

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

jwilmes

Change of new year AFTER january 10

Post by jwilmes »

Every year I run into an issue with the new year. During a year (ie 2014) I extend the period to the end if the following year (ie 2015) so customers can do reservations after december 31. In my reservation forms I enter all the possible reservation dates for the current and the following year.

On January 10 I get the message after login that the new year (ie 2015) does not exist in the database and proposes to create the new year in the database. Until now I have done this every year but I then loose all dates in my reservation forms which is 30 minutes work per form! I want to avoid this by following the correct procedure. This procedure however is not clear to me.

I now have 2 options:

1) create the new year (in this case 2015) with the result that I must recreate the reservation forms
2) every time I login I go to the previous year (in this case 2014) which is cumbersome and is always a risc because of entering the wrong option. The printscreen is added

I wonder what the correct procedure is to change to a new year without having to recreate the reservation forms

I would appreciate solving this issue now once and for all since this is a yearly annoying issue to solve.

Thanks for the one who can help me here.
marco

Re: Change of new year AFTER january 10

Post by marco »

Hello,
you should use the option "extend the dates to the latest available in the database" when creating your web pages. Also check that you have the right writing permissions in the web pages folders and files when the new year is created.

Regards,
Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php