Updating

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

gonesouth

Updating

Post by gonesouth »

You gotta love this software. It works so well that the only trouble I have is each year when I go to upgrade I end up with problems because I lose my notes from the previous year, and forget how to do it. And this year I can't find the forum posts on updating that would allow me to get it done......

So, I made a backup and saved it to my personal machine. Then, I downloaded the new version, and unzipped it in a separate folder on the server to make sure of the folder structure. And this year, lo and behold, there is a fancy folder structure.....on the first level are two folders "PHP-Residence" and "PHP_Residence", and on the second level of "-" you go right into the software, while on the second level of "_" there is another pair of two folders "PHP-Residence" and "PHP_Residence".

It appears, on inspection, that the dash folders hold the software, while the second underscore folder has the dati files....interesting, but so far the only reason for this I can come up with is to torture me!

The next step is to copy the dati directory into the new folder, since there's no option to place the extracted files into a particular folder.

Now, in past years, the next step is to actuate the inizio.php file, but this year, I get a lack of permission error. Oh, and my server people have upgraded to a new Cpanel, and removed the function that allowed me to click on a file name and then run it in a browser. GRRRR! So I went and manually reset the permissions and then tried to run inizio.php. Same problem. Hmmm

Does somebody know where I can find good detailed instructions on installing the latest version? the wiki claims to have them but they are so general as to be useless..........And I destroyed my working old copy getting this far....Can somebody help, please??
marco

Re: Updating

Post by marco »

The directory structure had not been changed in the way you decribed (now the parent folder is called hoteldruid instead of php-residence), this was probably a problem with your decompression software.

Regards,
Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php