Important features

Post here you suggestions and wished features for hoteldruid development.

Moderator: marco

rulez22

Important features

Post by rulez22 »

Hi Marco!
Thanks for good work again! In my opinion PHPR lacks two things (not really features but things it needs):

1. When inserting a booking for some client who stayed at the hotel before (information is already in the system) - would it be better when asking for "would you like to use this client..." to actually replace client's information with a new one? People move, change phone numbers, etc. so latest address is more accurate don't you think?

2. When you have a holiday and have to move client from one room to another (people not always stay in the same room for entire holiday) wouldn't it be better to keep payment information unchanged, so-called "split bookings", lets say you have extra payments which calculated as percentage of holiday or things like credit card fees. When booking is split - then client's booking will have 2 credit card fees and so on..
Basically when you have a single service and booking is split - there is a problem calculating this extra service, it becomes two or more extras..
I hope my explanation was sufficient.

Thanks.
rulez22

Re: Important features

Post by rulez22 »

Would it be possible to add on "Table with all the reservations" information about is the booking is "fixed" or "mobile"?
marco

Re: Important features

Post by marco »

Hello,
for n. 1 there is a button to modify reservations just inserted, from the you can modify the client data, if necessary.

For n. 2 there should be a way to know which costs you don't want to duplicate (for example percentage costs should stay on both reservations), but I'm afraid this would add more complexity to extra costs insertion which can be already a little confusing.

I will add the column with assigned apartmets in all reservations table to the TODO file.

Regards,
Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php