Hotel or appartment management software?

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

gromeo

Hotel or appartment management software?

Post by gromeo »

Hey Marco, wassup? :)
Yet another question.
You say it is a "hotel management software"... so - let's say i have a hotel, 4*, with 4 floors, 50 rooms on each floor, of which 5 are president suits.
In "add appartments" table, I see this:
========================
Appartment | House | Floor | Maximum Capacity | Priority | Comment | Modify |
========================
So.... is it a hotel management software?
Can I have ... let's say... "add room", and then, in the options, enter the floor, the room, the number of the room, which for the 4th floor should be 401 or something like that? Why bothering with appartments and houses.... Although they can need such system also, but it is better for them to adapt to the hotel model, and it is harder for the hotel to adapt to a appartment's model...

If you have an idea how to manage a small or medium hotel, which has no appartments or houses, can you tell us :) ?
marco

Post by marco »

This is just a problem of wording, right? You would prefer "room" instead of "apartment" and "building" instead of "house". I don't understand your difference between room and room number. In php-residence you can give whatever name you want to apartments, so if you have an hotel just name them with the room numbers.
I also advice you to name the rates with room types (single room, double room, etc.) and then assigning the corresponding apartments (rooms) to the rates with assignation rule 2. This way you only have to bother choosing the apartment when inserting a reservation if your guest has a special request.
I plan to add in some release the possibility to change the word "apartment" from preferences like you do now for "Euro". This way you can change it to room, car, or anything you rent daily or weekly. For internet templates you can already do that.

Marco
gromeo

Post by gromeo »

yeah, you're right, it is wording, just I do not understant things right :)
so please, as for dummy, could you explain step-by-step, how could I create a database for hotel with 4 floors, 50 rooms in each floor, ?
Like... the rooms are single bb, hb, all inclusive, all the way to triple all inclusive and suits.....
Please help :)
marco

Post by marco »

Maybe it's me not understanding what you are looking for, that's why I want to clarify.
When you create the database put 200 when asked for the number of apartments. In next screen you can put apartments characteristics, the names will be already filled with 01, 02,... 200 but you can change those names and put there your room numbers. You put there also the floor for each apartment which, as the other characteristics, is optional.
When you have finished installing insert the prices for single bb, hb, etc. and change from there also the rates names. Then go to "insert or modify the assignation rules" from main menu and, in assignation rule 2, assign for each rate its corresponding list of rooms separated by commas without spaces. There is no problem in assigning the same room to different rates.
Now when you insert a reservation and choose for example the "single bb" rate, one of the rooms you put in the list of assignation rule 2 will be automatically assigned to that reservation. A great advantage of php-residence over other software is that if that reservation needs to be moved between the apartments of "single bb" rate to make place to other reservations, it will be automatically moved.
The "method for the apartment assignation" when inserting the reservation is only needed if you want to override the list of rooms of the rate, for example if a client asks for a specific room.

Marco
gromeo

Post by gromeo »

when creating database?? hmmm when creating year, or when installing php-residence? sry for the dumb quesion

fixed: it is when creating the database, during istallation procedure.
marco

Post by marco »

you can do it also after installing, go to apartments table and click on "modify all table fields".