Double Breasting- Two websites -one database

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

gonesouth

Double Breasting- Two websites -one database

Post by gonesouth »

I want to have two sets of rates with each one accessible from a different website, but sharing the same database. can PHP-residence do this?

I would like to have my regular site with full rates to capture my existing clientele, and then offer a 'motelonthecheap.com' site where rooms can only be booked in the last five days before arrival, and rates are much cheaper, but also must be paid on booking and are non-cancellable. In order not to overbook, I need to use the same database........Any thoughts?
gonesouth

Re: Double Breasting- Two websites -one database

Post by gonesouth »

I have been thinking about the guy who is updating his Radius Server database every time he checks somebody in, and got thinking. Would it also be possible to set up two installs of PHP-Residence and add a function to both that inserted (or deleted) a new reservation in the other database every time a new reservation was made (or deleted)?

Would that be a big deal to do?
marco

Post by marco »

You can have 2 different internet pages (set the directories where they are created in "configure and customize" as administrator user) from the same hoteldruid database, each with its set of rates selected when you create them.

Regards,
Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php
gonesouth

Post by gonesouth »

Great idea, Marco. Thanks