Can't insert any reservations after server update

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

grizou

Can't insert any reservations after server update

Post by grizou »

Hello,

first of all I'd like to thank Marco for sharing his code.

I've been using it for our small hotel a while and it worked like a charm. 2 days ago I updated from ubuntu karmic to lucid server edition and since than I cannot fully use it any more. I can browse existing reservations, monthly tables and so on. but, when I insert a new reservation, Firefox tries to download the file clienti.php. I suppose it has something to do with the mysql or apache setup which might have been changed during the update but I cannot figure out what it is. I have been trying and googling around for 2 days now, without any success.

Any help or ideas are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael
grizou

Re: Can't insert any reservations after server update

Post by grizou »

Some more information. Displayed the pages in google-chrome which returned :

The webpage at http://.../modifica_prenota.php#costi_agg might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Clicking the reload button returns :

ERROR IN: select * from anni where idanni =
1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

Warning: mysql_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/hotel/includes/funzioni_mysql.php o

I am lost....
grizou

Post by grizou »

Some more info:

On a fresh install with an empty database I am able to insert new reservations and so on. As soon as I do the backup to restore my data, its broken again....

Thank you very much indeed for any ideas

Michael
han106

Post by han106 »

Could it be a new php version? After we upgraded php 5.2 to 5.3 we can not add or edit any reservations
that have a rule to "extra costs". After deleteing extra costs we can add new reservations and edit
the new reservations but not the old one. Maybe this can help you?