question about new years

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

hex

question about new years

Post by hex »

first, i'd like to congratulate you for this quite fine piece of software. for our small hostel this script not only met but exceeded our requirements and expectations, with our only complaint being the somewhat clunky and counterintuitive interface (and the infamous javascript bug, but at least there's a fix for that) :P

i searched the forums but couldn't find a definitive answer, so i'd like to ask you about "creating" new years.

i read on the txt:
-If you work between 2 years don't create the new year until
it actually begins. You can insert reservations of the next
year from the menu of the current year, extra months can be
added by selecting the rates table and using the 'Add Periods'
button. When the new year arrives create it and import the
reservations from the previous year (to do that the same types
of periods of the previous year must be used and if the
periods are weekly also the same starting/ending day of the
week).
for what i can understand, the thing you suggest to do is to "extend" the year a couple of months adding the needed periods until the new year arrives. what i can't understand quite well is:

- will the script automatically ask me to create a whole new year after december 31?
- how can i create a year manually?
- how do i "import the reservations from the previous year"? (i believe you're talking about importing the data from the extended months, not the whole year, isn't it?)

i got some guests already asking about reservations for the summer next year (yeah, i guess we made quite an impression! :lol: ) so i'd like to know what are the options available before extending this year.

thanks a lot in advance.

regards.
marco

Re: question about new years

Post by marco »

hex wrote: - will the script automatically ask me to create a whole new year after december 31?
Yes, it should also create it without asking if you don't have changed the setting in "configure and customize"
hex wrote: - how can i create a year manually?
Try asking for a future year from main menu as administrotor user.
hex wrote: - how do i "import the reservations from the previous year"? (i believe you're talking about importing the data from the extended months, not the whole year, isn't it?)
Yes, only reservations in new year are imported. There is an option enabled by default to import reservations.

In practice you keep adding the months you need from under the rates table (up until 3 years in the future) and don't worry about years.

Regards,
Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php