Need code in english.

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

Roman

Re: Need code in english.

Post by Roman »

Hi Vincent

I'm ready to do that !

However, I need the "go ahead" from Marco. I don't want to invest myself without his support.

So, I'm also waiting for order from my "lord" :-)

Kind regards,
Roman
borojim

Post by borojim »

Is there any word on the english code?

I have an idea to add a function- or a set of- at least, which allows a customer to make a search and then pay a deposit by credit card, I would very much like to do this, and not to 'take a look at fresh code' after having a good look at Residence last night I think its is an amazing piece of software and would benefit from this addition.

Jimmy
Roman

Post by Roman »

Hi borojim

The code is not available in english yet. I'm still trying to convince Marco to move this project into that direction. Unfortunately I wasn't very successful up to now.

I don't think that Marco is ready to open this project to a wider community of programmers. According to Marco, he can't find the time to do it. Several people have offered to assist him. However, Marco didn't change his mind up to now.

I'm sure that the code of php-residence will be translated one day. I think it's the best for the project if Marco fully supports this task. I don't want to encourage anybody to go for a fork.

Php-Residence is definitely a nice piece of software. The only problem is that only few programmers understand italian code. It's not easy to add an addition to it. I tried several times, but I failed. However, I don't want to discourage you.

Good luck :-)

Kind regards,
Roman
marco

Post by marco »

Hi,
I don't feel like taking a commitment on translating the code now, I've explained the reasons in may previous post. If you want to go ahead with the code translating script you can start your own sourceforge project (for example call it "php code translator"), it doesn't need to be written in php and could be useful also for other projects. A gode starting point could be syntax highlaghing in editors, it already recognizes variables, constants, system functions, custom functions,etc. Once there is such a script I may be more positive about translating php-residence code, but still I can't take any secure commitment now.

I don't think the difficulties you're finding in modifying the code are all about language (I think it may affect them much less than 50%), they also depend on code complexity as even if you want to make a simple change you must take into account all posible customizations, privileges, period types, etc. You probably won't be interested in many of these features, but I can't release code that breaks them.

Regards,
Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php