PayPal module

Post here questions about hoteldruid hosting on DigitalDruid.Net and add-on modules.

Moderator: marco

gonesouth

PayPal module

Post by gonesouth »

I have been running PHP Residence for nearly a year and find it works well, once you sort through the misunderstandings caused by my inability to read Italian. I have it installed on my website host in the US, and do not see using the digitaldruid hosting site as a practical answer for me.

So, I am looking at buying the PayPal module with the idea of having a deposit requirement at some times of the year and running with a zero deposit the rest of the time in order to allow people to confirm their reservation without needing a confirmation call or email. I want to do this to run last minute specials off our website based on the rate only being available with full payment at time of booking. I understand the issues with allowing confirmed reservations without a deposit, but I haven't been burned yet, and anyway we dump unused, unguaranteed reservations at 4PM, so the only risk is in turning away a reservation when we have a dud in the database.

A friend of mine does an emailing with weekly specials like this for his golf courses and has sold an extra $100,000 in rounds of golf in 2008, which caught my attention!

Is there anybody who is running the module and can tell me - can I set a zero deposit, and have PHPResidence insert the reservation untouched, or does it still require a code back from PayPal which it will never get since there's no payment made?

Also, is it complicated to set up full deposits so I can run a special for a single night and require full payment for it?

Thanks
marco

Post by marco »

The Paypal module works only with a deposit (you can set it at 100% though). In a future version (1.2 probably) there will be the possibility to reserve online without deposit but with credit card data and email validation. Anyway I recommend the hosting as you'll have to buy a new module each upgrade, you can run it along your current hosting and it is actually based in the US.

Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php