Create POS cashbox user issue.

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

abel

Create POS cashbox user issue.

Post by abel »

Good day,

I have just found this software, the true is that it's very good. Congratulations to the development team.

I am having an issue with hoteldruid version 2.1.2. I cant find how to create an user with access to the points of sale only.
I have created a user that I want it to have access to the cash-boxes only. I tried giving it different permissions, but nothing seems to work.
I though that only by activating Configure>Permissions>(Users's) Privileges, and then check "Permit the usage of all cashboxes." or mark use only one it would work.

What else do I need to do to give someone access the the cash boxes?

Off topic:
Do you have a github repository where people can contribute?
I am a PHP developer, and I might be interested at some point maybe on contributing to the project.

Thank you. :mrgreen:
Abel
arrt

Re: Create POS cashbox user issue.

Post by arrt »

I think you should beable to do this by choosing (in the top menu) "configure" and then "users"
abel

Post by abel »

Hi,

I did not explain properly, but that is what I did and it did not work. Can any one test that it works? What I want is to give this user access to the POS, everything else seems to work, but the POS does not display. Check out the following IMGs:

And this is the user menu:

Is you see the POS is not there. Am I overlooking something?

Thank you
Abel
marco

Post by marco »

Hello Abel,
you need to enable also the possibility to modify extra costs when modifying a reservation. The user won't be able to access reservations if he can't see reservation table or month table. If you don't want him to charge on reservations mark in his privileges to modify only "his own" reservations, since he won't own any reservation.

No github repository for now.

Regards,
Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php