assignment with rule 2 question

Post here you suggestions and wished features for hoteldruid development.

Moderator: marco

p3rseus

assignment with rule 2 question

Post by p3rseus »

hello marco,

i have some trouble with rule 2. i want to take advantage of your system ability to optimize the assignment.

as i have a rate for each apartment but some apartment have the same rates, i have first attached each rate to apartment number so rate 405 is linked to part. 405. as 405 shares it's rate with 503 i've put in rule 2 for rate 405: apart 405, 503 and in the rate 503 apart 503, 405.

i just wanted to make sure that if you enter 405 as a rate it will check if 405 first is free and assign the booking to this apart. but if it's not free, it will assign 503. it seemed to work until i discovered that the system sometime assign 503 apart when you check 405 even if 405 is free as well.

assign priority wouldn't work as well as this priority shouldn't be absolute. i don't see how to makes this work!

cheers
gonesouth

Post by gonesouth »

funny, mine always assigns to the first available unless it is full. IIRC you have to assign rates in some particular order for it to work properly. See the readme. Did you follow it exactly?
marco

Post by marco »

The system will always assign first the apartment with lower priority if it is available. Currently if you give both apartments the same priority the assignment will be casual, so I'll add this to my TODO list.

Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php