Availability check: request form even if apartment is full

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

tazilein

Availability check: request form even if apartment is full

Post by tazilein »

Hi,

I wan to use the availability check in this way:

My guest uses the form and if the desired apartment is available he gets to the second form with his personal details and sends the request to me (thats how it is supposed to be). If the apartment is already booked for the desired time I would like to write "Oh sorry, we cannot guarantee the availability, but send us the request, we will help you" and then should appear the second form with the personal details and again the guest can send his request.

So I want to get a request ALLWAYS not depending on the availability of the specific apartment - marco, is that possible?
gonesouth

Post by gonesouth »

That's almost easy - Just create a new apartment (eg. number 103) which gets filled after your real apartments. Then in your documents create a message to use which says "you are currently waitlisted for one of our apartments, we can offer .... which you can book by returning to the "Check Availability " page on our website, blah, blah, blah, " After you insert the reservation, instead of sending a confirmation, you send the waitlisted message by email to the customer.

Then customize the initial reply email to say, " Please note that in some cases you may be waitlisted, and you will be advised by email of this so that you can decide whether to choose a different room type or remain waitlisted"

Not exactly what you asked for, but the alternative is to create a new rate called "waitlisted for King Room" or whatever, so that the client can book this when the report is that the desired room type is full. Either way would work.

If you go with the new type "Waitlisted" you will need to modify the test of the "Sorry that type is full" screen.
marco

Post by marco »

You can also create a new apartment and give to it an assignment rule 1 and insert it in all rates with rule 2. Then selecting the rule 1 when you create the template you can have an alternative phrase when all the others apartments are full.

Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php