Error

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

adam

Error

Post by adam »

Hi Marco

I keep getting this error in my server logs:
PHP Warning: mysql_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/xxxx/public_html/book_new/includes/funzioni_mysql.php on line 67

It then looks up the database... ANY ideas why this could be happening?

Cheers

A
marco

Post by marco »

Hi Adam,

do you mean it locks up the database? You don't get this message on the browser page (or in the html source of the page)? In what pages do you get the error?

Marco
adam

Post by adam »

Hi Marco

Sorry for the mistake... I do mean locks up the database. The two pages I have had it happen to me on are: when inserting clients data and creating an availability template. The page does not load and then I when I look in my server log I get the error.

Thanks

Adam
marco

Post by marco »

If this doesn't happen always but only randomly a workaroud to not lock the database is to replace "mysql_pconnect" with "mysql_connect" (without the p) in the file includes/funzioni_mysql.php. This probably happens because the program enters an infinite loop so the file is not executed entirely and the tables that were locked don't get unlocked. If the connection to the database is not permanent (that's what that p means) the tables will be unlocked anyway when the connection is closed at the end of the execution of the page. Notice that even if you stop the page loading in your browser its execution will continue until it reaches the php time limit, normally 30 seconds.

What version of php-residence are you using? Have you modified those pages and/or the file includes/funzioni.php? If you keep waiting for the page to load in your browser doesn't something appear after some time?

Marco
adam

Post by adam »

Hi Marco

That worked... I did not relise that it was connecting with a "pconnect".
I am using the latest release... Not modified the pages that crash... If I leave then for about 5 mins some of the content appears but not all.

Cheers

A
marco

Post by marco »

The point where the page content stops is probably where the problem is. If you don't have real data could you send me the backup of your database in the file created by the php-residence backup system (from "configure and customize") to marco@digitaldruid.net? If you can, tell me also the steps that cause the bug, if they are always the same.

Marco