Problem with dates

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

rulez22

Problem with dates

Post by rulez22 »

In the backoffice system on "rates insertion page" I have rates up to July-01-2008 but in dropdown-boxes there is only rates upto May-01-2008. Strange thing is - on frontside of my website (availabilty_template.php) all dropdown boxes are fine (showing upto July-01-2008), but when I insert a new reservation in back-office part - there is nothing after May-01-2008 in dropdown box. Is it a bug?

Also on availabilty_template.php I've just checked availability on 25-26-June-2008 - and it says "Dates are wrong."
marco

Post by marco »

Hello,
you can change the dates in drop-down boxes from "configure and customize".

Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php
rulez22

Post by rulez22 »

i've just checked it and all i can see in "configure and customize" is "Year 2007" and
"Choose dates in drop-down menus: from ... to ... and here is dropdown with the latest date "1 May 2008", I can't go any futher thatn that date
Please advice :?
marco

Post by marco »

There should be also an option to add dates there (or below the rates and periods table) if you are the administrator user.

Marco
rulez22

Post by rulez22 »

here it is, I can't go any futher down 1st of May, but in the menu "Insert or modify prices" there is prices upto September.
marco

Post by marco »

Make sure you have the right permissions on the dati folder as explained in the readme and then try adding a month again (button add periods until..).

Marco
rulez22

Problem

Post by rulez22 »

This is so confusing. I've just checked the rights on "dati" and they are correct (777), owner and a group is the webserver user, not root.
But still, I've added more periods as you suggested, but nothing changed in dropdown menus. Prices now are until October 2008 in the prices table, but dropdown are still untill 01 May 2008 and it wont extend =(
I think it is a bug somewhere? Any suggestions?
marco

Post by marco »

I don't think this is a php-residence bug as it works everywhere else. For some reason it seems the selectperiodi files in your dati directory can't be overwritten.

Marco
rulez22

Post by rulez22 »

marco wrote:I don't think this is a php-residence bug as it works everywhere else. For some reason it seems the selectperiodi files in your dati directory can't be overwritten.

Marco
Thanks for response Marco, I will look at it

All files in dati directory suppose to have same ownership?
rulez22

Post by rulez22 »

I have PLesk on my server and I've just changed owners on these files (they were with owners: apache:psacln for some reason):
chown mywebsite22:psacln lingua.php
chown mywebsite22:psacln selectperiodi2007.5.php
chown mywebsite22:psacln selectperiodi2007.6.php
chown mywebsite22:psacln selperiodimenu2007.1.php
chown mywebsite22:psacln selperiodimenu2007.2.php
chown mywebsite22:psacln selperiodimenu2007.3.php
chown mywebsite22:psacln selperiodimenu2007.5.php
chown mywebsite22:psacln selperiodimenu2007.6.php
chown mywebsite22:psacln tema.php
chown mywebsite22:psacln versione.php

I have 6 users in my PHPResidence and number 5 and number 6 users have dates until 1-Oct-2008, but others have dates until 01-May-2008
When I log in as admin and go to "configure and customize" - I see dates until 01-May-2008. But if I login as user N6, I see dates until 1-Oct-2008 and I can check availability and book.

Could you please explain how can I fix it (maybe just copy and paste additional dates from selperiodimenu2007.6.php into selperiodimenu2007.1.php and to other 3 users?)
Also big problem is on availability_template.php - dates shown there until 1-Oct-2008 but if you (for example) select period 1-Jul-2008 for 7 nights it's just says "Dates are wrong", it seems like it doesnt see dates after 01-May-2008.
I hope my problem is just in php files and nothing to do with database, as I checked every table and it seem to be only table "residperiodi2007" that contains rates and they are there until 1-Oct-2008 which is correct.
Appreciate any help. Thanks!
marco

Post by marco »

Are you sure that the correct owner shoudn't be apache? As stated in the readme the owner must be the user with wich the webserver runs (unless you use suphp or similar). Anyway you can just copy and rename the menu files between different users.

Marco
rulez22

Post by rulez22 »

ok thanks, I've changed it to the website group owner
Could you tell me please what does "$partial_dates = 1;" stand for?
marco

Post by marco »

It means that not all dates in database are shown, so there will be a little comma near the drop-down menus to show all the available dates.

Marco