Customer Availability and Booking System

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

adam

Customer Availability and Booking System

Post by adam »

Hi All

Hope your all well and enjoying the summer!! I am thinking of writing a module for customers to use.

The module would use the availability template as a starting point... but when the "There is still availability in the requested period for type X" message is shown I would like the user to insert a few more details and upon submitting the form a booking request gets inserted into a queue for a hotel member of staff to decided if they want to accept or decline the booking.

If the member of staff accepts the booking the reservation will automatically be inserted as a new reservation, but if it gets declined then the client would be inform by email that the request has not been accepted.

Has anybody tried doing this before? Marco have you thought of added this in a future release? ( if so when? ). Would anybody else be interested in the module if i were to write it?

Thanks

Adam
gromeo

Post by gromeo »

Adam - for me, it will be a BIG improvement!!!!
However, forget about the people here - not many hotel managers are looking at pc forums.... if you think it will be useful /and it WILL BE!/, just do it /NIKE ;)/
marco

Post by marco »

Hi Adam,
yes I was thinking about doing something like this in next release. Responding also your previous post I paste the TODO file below, you can normally find it in the doc directory when you download php-residence. About how long will it take I don't know, but probably not before christmas.

Marco

version 0.6
-possiblity to insert a reservation request in the database from the availability template
-contracts with many types and number of reservations
-add custom variables with conditions on other variables to contracts
-possibility to change the number of contracts
-possibility to consider a contract as a template for editable email
-possibility to consider a contract as a pdf
-possibility to view contracts from internet templates
-add last reservation payment to contract variables
-possibility to insert by default the number of people associated to the rate (assignation rule 4?)
-say if there are unconfirmed reservations when checking and there is no availability
-possibility to show value of extra costs in all reservations table
-possibility to delete users without reservations, clients, receipts and reservation payments
-modify check-in and check-out from table with all reservations
-view occupied apartments in apartments table if check-in enabled
-prices internet template
-calendar internet template
-possibility to view only 1 method of payment in payments history table
-possibility to automatically add extra costs when inserting more than x reservations
-possibility to use an extra cost as minimum stay (associate cost if "always" on)
-move all includes in includes/ directory
-possibility to change the directory where internet templates are created
-possibility to use javascript dates menus in internet templates
-bug: when going back from a "full" message when inserting a reservation, a list of apartmens is selected if a rate with rule 2 was selected
-client region
-client id document
-delete reservations and other data from previous year when importing in new year
-possibility to modify a reservation of previous year ending in current year from current year
-possibility to automatically create the new year whith the first login of the year of any user

version 0.7
-possibility to keep 2 or more reservations in close apartments
-optimize reservations distribution when a reservation is deleted

version 1.0
-testing

future versions
-possibility to connect templates to more databases
-return to the same layout of table with all reservations from modify
-apartments inventory
-possibility to choose to calculate the deposit on total price or only on base rate
-possibility to log all changes made by an user and send them by mail
-possibility to insert more reservations in the same apartment until it reaches the people limit
-possibility to set an ip access list for login
-possibility to show price without taxes in availability template
-month tables with variables and only 1 query
-possibility to display extra costs with same characteristics grouped in drop-down menus in insertion
-integration of users login with some CMS
-possibility to choose all apartments with same capacity when inserting assignation rule 2
-if apartment(s) requested and rate with rule 2, use rule 2 in second try when inserting reservations(?)
-table with reservations of temporary transactions
adam

Post by adam »

Hi Marco

Sorry for so many questions today.... Is this now availbale in the release?

Cheers

A
marco

Post by marco »

No, the details are in the message about the changelog in this forum.

Marco