Adding month failed

Questions on subjects not related to other forums (installing on other hostings, etc.). DigitaldDruid.Net staff will not answer here.

Moderator: marco

tazilein

Adding month failed

Post by tazilein »

Hi,

I wanted to add month beyond June 2009 as I got a reservation for August 2009 today - I logged in as administrator and added all dates until End 2009. Unfortunately the file-permissions were not set correctly and I got this errors:

Warning: fopen(./dati/selectperiodi2008.1.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /www/htdocs/v038961/vienna-apartments-rental/php-residence/visualizza_tabelle.php on line 1731

Warning: flock(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /www/htdocs/v038961/vienna-apartments-rental/php-residence/visualizza_tabelle.php on line 1732

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /www/htdocs/v038961/vienna-apartments-rental/php-residence/visualizza_tabelle.php on line 1808

Warning: flock(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /www/htdocs/v038961/vienna-apartments-rental/php-residence/visualizza_tabelle.php on line 1809

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /www/htdocs/v038961/vienna-apartments-rental/php-residence/visualizza_tabelle.php on line 1810

Warning: copy(./dati/selperiodimenu2008.1.php) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /www/htdocs/v038961/vienna-apartments-rental/php-residence/visualizza_tabelle.php on line 1811

I still not choose any date after june 2008 and in the admin interface I cannot add dates after july 1st 2009 to the drop down box. On the other hand I cannot add these month again, as I can only add starting with 2010.

So it seems that because of the problem the new month were added in a way and in another way not. Can anyone help me?
jwilmes

Adding month failed

Post by jwilmes »

I had exactly the same problem yesterday trying to add 2009 months
tazilein

Post by tazilein »

I estimate it is a problem with writing rights in the folder /dati

There are files for every roomtype (?) with all month available in the drop down menue. I think it would be enough to add the month in these files as it seems in my case that the Database was updated correctly. But I am still waiting for someone to confirm that ... Marco ?
tazilein

Post by tazilein »

Today I corrected that problem:

1) Open the Database with all your php-residence data in it. ( use phpmyAdmin as GUI for that.

2) Make a backup of the database, because you will change some things and without a backup all your reservation data could be lost!

3) In the table perioda2008 you find all days of 2008 and all days you added additionaly ( in my case until 01-01-2010)

4) Delete the days of all month that you cannot choose from php-residence (= that are the periods you tried to add, but they failed because the folder /dati was not writeable by the webserver)

5) Go to your webspace by FTP and check that in php-residence the /dati folder is read and writeable by the webserver

6) Login with your admin user and if you know go to the admin panel you can add the periods ( that produced the error before ) again.

--> Now the webserver can write to the database and the folder /dati and after some seconds the periods should be added

PS: DO that on your own risk !!!