Old data imported from other software. Statistics incomplete

Questions on subjects not related to other forums (installing on other hostings, etc.). DigitaldDruid.Net staff will not answer here.

Moderator: marco

awe

Old data imported from other software. Statistics incomplete

Post by awe »

Hello,

From 1963 until 2006 my company has managed all reservations 100% manually (no computer at all). From 2006 until 2009 my company was running Windows on its computers and we managed bookings with a dedicated software called PlanningTour, which back then was a FoxPro application that stored all data in xBase (DBF) files. We moved to Linux in 2009, and we begun using PHP-Residence. Last week, I have imported all the data from the software that I was using prior to PHP-Residence. I have all my customer details, plus all the reservations for the years 2008, 2007, and 2006 (reservations were managed 100% manually before that, so no previous data). All tables display correctly, all client details are right and I see their reservations since 2006, all amounts paid are fine, etc etc. All seems perfect, but... When I look at the statistics, I find:
- % occupancy: correct
- Number of reservations per month: correct
- Monthly income from reservations: incorrect, no data for imported years
- Average price per apartment occupied: incorrect, no data for imported years
- RevPar: incorrect, no data for imported years
- Daily income with added costs: incorrect, no data for imported years
- Accumulated income of reservations, by months: correct

Any clues about why some data of the years that I have imported are displayed on the statistics but others aren't? The tables with the imported reservations are complete and correct, except for the following fields, which are NULL: num_persone, idprenota_compagna, tariffesetimanali (tariffa and tariffa_tot are correct), incompatibilita, sconto, caparra, metodo_pagamento, and data_modifica. I insist, everything works completely fine and all the data displayed is right; the problem is only in some of the statistics.

Thanks, Eduard.
awe

Re: Old data imported from other software. Statistics incomplete

Post by awe »

Hi, I think I have understood why this happens. Some statistics do not show because they take the data from the field "tariffe setimanale" which is NULL in all cases since the old database did not have such information, it only contained the grand total (tariffa_tot). I'll make a PHP script to populate this field in all rows and see what happens. Regards.