Problem with german umlauts in billing documents

Post here if you think you have found a bug in hoteldruid or error in its documentation.

Moderator: marco

frank_did

Problem with german umlauts in billing documents

Post by frank_did »

Hi,
now I want to create a bill and the address contains german umlauts (äöüÄÖÜß). The address in the rtf-file should be

Königsstraße 33

but currently It is

Knigstra゚e 33

Other special german chars in the text are displayed correct. Only the replacements with the placeholders are wrong.

My system (Fedora on the client and Debian on the server) runs on utf-8.
marco

Re: Problem with german umlauts in billing documents

Post by marco »

This seems to be solved in current version, please let me know which program are you using to open the rtf file if you still have this problem.

Reagrds,
Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php
frank_did

Post by frank_did »

Hi Marco,
I reopen this thread. The problem with german umlauts is still existing. I looked around a bit and found the following facts, which may help you to kill the bug.

In the generated rtf-file there shoud be a string like äöüßÄÖÜ (all german umlauts and special chars). Neither Libreoffice 4 nor Wordpad (Windows7) could print these chars correctly. I looked into the generated rtf-file and found the correponding string: \'e4\'f6\'fc\'df\'c4\'d6\'dc

I typed äöüßÄÖÜ in Libreoffice and saved it as rtf. I opend it with an editor and found: \u228\'e4\u246\'f6\u252\'fc\u223\'df\u196\'c4\u214\'d6\u220\'dc

If I did a search and replace with the original file generated by Hoteldruid. The result: the umlauts are displayed correctly with Libreoffice and Wordpad.

To make the confusion complete: I typed äöüßÄÖÜ with Wordpad and the resulting rtf-file contains \'e4\'f6\'fc\'df\'c4\'d6\'dc.

To get Hoteldruid be compatible with Libreoffice I suggest to revise the routine which generates the rtf-file, so that the umlaut ä is encoded with \u228\'e4.

Until the bug is captured, I try a cronjob wich does a search and replace in the generated files.

Best regards
Frank
marco

Post by marco »

Hello Frank,
for me libreoffice worked fine with the old characters, anyway I will update them in the next hoteldruid version.

Regards,
Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php