Guest added to reservation not showing in "Table with all the clients"

Post here if you think you have found a bug in hoteldruid or error in its documentation.

Moderator: marco

ddam

Guest added to reservation not showing in "Table with all the clients"

Post by ddam »

A guest added through the "Modify guests" button (inside a reservation) will not show up in the "Table with all the clients" (BTW: is there a particular reason for the divergent wording guest/client ?)

This seems like a bug to me, especially considering the profile does in fact exist and shows up when using the client search tool. This profile will also be deleted when clicking on "Delete clients without reservations" on the "Table with all the clients" page.

Steps to reproduce (tested on a clean install, v. 2.2.1):
1. Create a new reservation
2. Open the reservation
3. Click on "Modify guests" and add a second name and surname
4. Confirm clicking on "Modify guests"
5. Go to "Table with all the clients"
Winlux

Re: Guest added to reservation not showing in "Table with all the clients"

Post by Winlux »

I can confirm this issue. All clients are not created equally. I have this issue on both live and test server. When inserting guest with new reservation it make a copy of guest regardless of where is guest created. Just like here on it own demo server.

Code: Select all

http://www.hoteldruid.com/en/demoadmin/inizio.php?nome_utente_phpr=admin&password_phpr=admin
Just go to clients and search for Smith Jon
ddam

Post by ddam »

Also, new guest details are not processed the same way when they are inserted with a new reservation or added to an existing one:
- when inserting a guest's details with a new reservation, those details will be checked against previous clients (this is the expected behaviour)
- when adding a guest to an existing reservation, the details of the added guest are NOT checked against previous clients, and a new guest profile is automatically created, even if the same profile already exists !

Obviously, this makes it harder (or impossible) to know if you are dealing with a returning guest, and thus hampers CRM.
Last edited by ddam on Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ddam

Post by ddam »

confirmed with version 2.2.2
ddam

Post by ddam »

I have forgotten to post back here: it turns out this isn't a bug. The distinction client/guest is what I hadn't quite understood:
  • a client is the person making the reservation
  • a guest is the person staying at the venue