Bug with discount

Post here if you think you have found a bug in hoteldruid or error in its documentation.

Moderator: marco

frank_did

Bug with discount

Post by frank_did »

Hi Marco,

the normal price for one night per room is 26 Euro. A customer books for 4 nights, the regular price is 104 Euro. I give the customer a discount of 1 Euro per night, the price for one night is 25 Euro and for 4 nights 100 Euro. I enter this value under "prezzo totale giornoliero". The system tells me: sconto 4 Euro.

Now the customer calls me and want to stay only three nights. The total price is now 74 Euro, but it should be 75 Euro.

Can I vote for this bug somewhere?

Best regards
Frank
marco

Re: Bug with discount

Post by marco »

Hello Frank,
you can use a daily extra cost with -1 Euro value (ask by how much to multiply it if you want to be able to insert more than 1 Euro discount), the discount just calculates a static value.

Regards,
Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php
CutNGlass

Re: Bug with discount

Post by CutNGlass »

We have been able to use the (negative "extra costs") for creating many special discounts. One (hotel client) setup has two different seasonal rates, as well as weekly, and monthly rates.

Biggest thing to remember when using the "extra cost" as a "discount" is to make it negative, by using a "-", such as -10.00

This is wonderful feature allows a lot of customization.

--