No reservations possible anymore

Post here if you think you have found a bug in hoteldruid or error in its documentation.

Moderator: marco

Oerd

No reservations possible anymore

Post by Oerd »

Hi,

just recently i encountered the problem of not being able to do any reservations anymore.

When i put in Name, starting and end date, number of persons and rate, i get asked weather to use a guest already registered. When i do this, i get the message (prenota.php) "Es wurde keine Reservierung eingetragen.", which is "Nessuna nuova prenotazione è stata inserita".

When i use a Name not already in the DB, i get pointed to the form to put in the new guests details, but after that, there is the same error that no reservation was done.

I can't find the point which makes it impossible to do a new reservation

edit says:
mySQL 5.5.31
php 5.3.28
Apache 2.0
Last edited by Oerd on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
kyomar

Re: No reservations possible anymore

Post by kyomar »

Hi Oerd, thank you for bringing this up. I have the same problems since I upgraded from 2.0.3 to 2.1. I have changed my host provider and thought that's the reason. But reading your post confirms that there is a bug.

Marco please we need a fix. Cannot use hoteldruid anymore.

Thank you!
Last edited by kyomar on Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
kyomar

Post by kyomar »

I have just installed version 2.1 on my local computer and same story, cannot insert new reservations.
php PHP/5.3.8
mysql server version: 5.5.16

There is definitely something not working properly. If we don't get a fix soon I will switch back to 2.0.3
kyomar

Post by kyomar »

tried to switch back to 2.0.3 but without success - just white page although I was using backup. So now I am stuck with a not functioning HotelDruid and no sign of Marco. And I even donated money to this project just to be let out in the rain :-(. I guess I have to find another reservation system after 5 years, really sad.
kyomar

Post by kyomar »

finally found the problem. Go to folder dati and open file dati_connessione.php. If DB-type is mysqli change it to mysql and inserting reservations works again. I don't know why suddenly mysqli makes problems. Only Marco knows the answer.

Have fun!
marco

Post by marco »

There is a bug in hoteldruid 2.1 that prevents the insertion of reservations with only per person prices. It will be solved in next hoteldruid version, meanwhile you can edit the file prenota.php replacing the line:

Code: Select all

$nometipotariffa_aux = ${"nometipotariffa".$n_t."p"};
with the new line:

Code: Select all

$nometipotariffa_aux = ${"nometipotariffa".$n_t}."p";
Please let me know if the problem you have found if solved by this, otherwise I will need more details to replicate the problem.

Regards,
Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php
kyomar

Post by kyomar »

Almost missed your reply/fix. Was so used not to hear from you - good to see you again Marco. This awesome software needs a vivid community to further improve, but that can only happen if you - as the developer - get involved.

Your fix solved the problem, thank you very much for that!