night , week-end, week reservation

Post here you suggestions and wished features for hoteldruid development.

Moderator: marco

alexandre

night , week-end, week reservation

Post by alexandre »

Hi,

I have configured php-residence to work by default with weeks time slot but occasionaly I ve got request for a week-end or a night and I can t insert a reservation specifying the accurate slot period, as it is allowing only a reservastion with a week time slot.

Is there a trick with the existing version or is it something that could be develop later on.?

Regards,

Alex
marco

Post by marco »

Hello Alex,
you should use daily periods instead and then configure php-residence to show only weekly dates in the drop-down menus by default (but with a little link to show all dates when needed).

Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php
alexandre

Re: night , week-end, week reservation

Post by alexandre »

Hi Marco,

But can i change from the weekly to a daily mode? I thought it was something we did once when creating the database and this process was not reversible. Is that something I will need to change on the web template, what would be the variable to use? I didn t get very well your point about the link statement, On the web template how can we customize it to present weekly, daily and week-end reservation options?

Sorry to get back to you so late after a month of inactivity

regards

alex
alexandre

Post by alexandre »

Marco,

I have just noticed the trick in the web configuration template where you can add with the drop-down menu the number of drop-down menu list with the week interval.
The question now is that as my system was built initialy with the weekly period How can i switch to daily period without breaking the existing system, is that something possible to do smoothly?

alex
marco

Post by marco »

Hello Alex,
you can choose the periods only when creating a new year, so you should delete the year and create it again but doing so you will loose all the reservations.

Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php