Design Issues

Post here you suggestions and wished features for hoteldruid development.

Moderator: marco

frank_did

Design Issues

Post by frank_did »

Hi Marco,
in 2.1.4 you begin to change the design. Here are my suggestions for further improvements.

1. In the monthy view with the diagram repeat the dates and the weekdays on the bottom of the diagram. This would be helpful on smaller screens and/or a larger number of rooms. An further improvement would be a small gap between the bookings or a thicker line between the table-cells.

2. My mouse must be a marathon man when changing/deleting a couple of bookings.
I select the booking (e.g. in the middle of the screen), the delete-button top right, the following yes-button in the top left corner, the ok-button in the top left corner and then back to somewhere on the screen to select the next booking. An improvement would be, that the yes-button and the ok-button are near the delete-button or the change/delete-buttons are top-left.

3. The buttons top-right (Change/Save, Delete, Call document) are too near to the menu and still without an icon. With a tablet it is hard to tap these buttons. I don't want to turn off the menu because it is very convient.

4. The configuration page is painful. Please try to give it a better structure. Ok there is a structure but it is not visible. The headlines could be larger. Or better you put a table of contents at the top of the page with a link to personal settings, company settings, table settings and so on.

It would be great if I could see these improvements in later versions of hoteldruid. It is a very versatile program and the price of the hosting package good.

Best regards
Frank Becker

Best regards
Frank
AndilgE
Location: Rua José Alexandre 107 - Flecheiras, 62690.000 Trairi-CE, Brasil

Re: Design Issues

Post by AndilgE »

Hi Frank,

I agree, but think it's time for bigger changes than time wasting 'cosmetics'. My dream is a total change to html5 and responsive design with a modern dashboard template.

@ Marco
Check out some demos on
http://designscrazed.org/free-responsiv ... templates/

No need to re-envent the wheel.

Brgs
marco

Re: Design Issues

Post by marco »

Hello Frank,
for month table you can set the number of rows after which the "dates row" will appear again from "configure and customize". For the modify/delete buttons I think it's better have a little time to review the changes instead of clicking "ok" button straight forward. I'll try to make those buttons larger on mobile and have a menu or something similar in "configure and customize".

I'm already planning a transition to html5 but I think nowadays all browsers will allow most html5 features even with html4 header.

Regards,
Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php