Easier way to set up new users

Post here you suggestions and wished features for hoteldruid development.

Moderator: marco

etc

Easier way to set up new users

Post by etc »

When I create new user, it is really time-consuming and error-prone to set it up identically to a previous one. OK, I add it to a group which I have set up correctly with all privileges and customizations, but doing that does not change privileges/customizations of the new user. (Is this the expected behavior?)

It's somewhat easy with privileges (I use "import privileges for user ... from user ...") but for customizations I still have to enter everything manually (change the currency, enter all "payment methods", "reservation origins" and so on).

Maybe after "Add a new user called" you could add a checkbox and "importing privileges and customizations from user {drop down menu with existing users}"?

(And I'm not sure currency and payment methods are so diverse for one hotel that they should be customized on a per user basis. But that's a different discussion.)
k_graham

Re: Easier way to set up new users

Post by k_graham »

When I create new user, it is really time-consuming and error-prone to set it up identically to a previous one. OK, I add it to a group which I have set up correctly with all privileges and customizations, but doing that does not change privileges/customizations of the new user. (Is this the expected behavior?)

It's somewhat easy with privileges (I use "import privileges for user ... from user ...") but for customizations I still have to enter everything manually (change the currency, enter all "payment methods", "reservation origins" and so on).

Maybe after "Add a new user called" you could add a checkbox and "importing privileges and customizations from user {drop down menu with existing users}"?

(And I'm not sure currency and payment methods are so diverse for one hotel that they should be customized on a per user basis. But that's a different discussion.)
I agree, a work around I thought of after and which I will use if I set someone else up, is to set up lots of extra users in advance. For customizations one can select to change for all so for instance by having extra users to begin with one can set the currency and payment methods and all will be the same. Then as one needs specific customizations for certain users they could do those after. I think users can have name and password changed so this would resolve the issue until its better resolved in programming. Another option might be to use a outside program like phpmysql which I expect is capable of copying 1 set of settings to another user.

Ken
marco

Post by marco »

I have added this to the "TODO" list.

Regards,
Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php
etc

Post by etc »

There are too many options for configuring user preferences and permissions, it is unneeded and too confusing, ad time-consuming.

Nobody needs for one user to show rates in EUR, other in USD and the third one GBP for example.

Groups should mean that I set up a group once with all the permissions and preferences and then just tick a box that a user is of this group and that's it, all his settings change to that group. User preferences and permissions should not be able to differ from group. When I change a group permission or preference, it should automatically change for all users from that group. There should not be a possibility to change user preferences and permissionsindividually at all, if he belongs to a group.
marco

Post by marco »

Hello,
nowadays you can import privileges and/or customizations and/or groups from one user to another or even from one user to a group of users. So to achieve what you want just configure one user and export his privileges and customizations and groups to a group of users. Groups are used also for other tasks and each user can be in more than one group.

Regards,
Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php