Wordpress

Post here questions about hoteldruid hosting on DigitalDruid.Net and add-on modules.

Moderator: marco

PeterP

Wordpress

Post by PeterP »

Immediately, I want to use your hosting option for the HotelDruid system and continue to use my existing hosting for the static pages.

But within the next couple of months I want to redesign the site for Wordpress when my hosting contract requires renewal.

Three questions

1) Is it possible to host a small Wordpress installation - I understand that the Wordpress database tables can be installed on the HotelDruid database?

2) I have just had problems following an update on my existing installation - I am now unable to access the system at all. (see my question on the main forum). Once I have gone through the database creation on your server - will I be able to upload backups of the old database and documents? If I can't - it isn't a disaster - I only had a few reservations and can probably reconstruct then from e-mails.

3) I used your trial. Entering a Gmail address worked - but an Outlook.com address did not get delivered. Will your system send successfully to Outlook.com?

Thank you.
marco

Re: Wordpress

Post by marco »

Hello,
on the digitaldruid.net hosting it won't be possible to install wordpress as it's not possible to upload/modify/download php scripts (dinamic webpages can be created only from hoteldruid). The only available scripting is Apache SSI (server side includes). Also there is no direct access to hoteldruid database. You can install wordpress on a separate hosting and call the hoteldruid webpages from it, either by reciprocal links or inside an iframe (for example see joomla and drupal tutorials).

When migrating to digitaldruid.net hosting it is possible to restore the hoteldruid backup (the file created by hoteldruid). If the backup is from an older version of hoteldruid or php-residence just send it by email.

The hosting is currently working in sending emails to outlook.com and is not in any spamlist.

Regards,
Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php