delete a price

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

dominique

delete a price

Post by dominique »

hello,

is there anybody who could help to cancel a price for a priod which is n more available?
for ex: a house is now only available during the summer, but was previously available during a full year.

Thank you very much.

Dominique
marco

Post by marco »

Hi Dominique,

You can set a price to zero using a double zero in the text field.

Marco
dominique

Post by dominique »

Thank's a lot Marco for tour help

Dominique
frank_did

Re: delete a price

Post by frank_did »

Hi,

I've done it like Marco suggested but the price is still available and selectable while creating a new booking. How can I really delete a price (rate)?

System: Current version in the hosting package.

Thank you for your help
Frank
Martin Pusch

Post by Martin Pusch »

You can delete a price you don't need any more, even in the actual period. If you have already used this price somewhere, the information about the name of the price and the amount is stored with the reservation. It will not be gone after deleting the price.

But, if you want to change an existing reservation with a deleted price, you can't. Perhaps you can add breakfast or other extra costs, but you can't change the dates of the reservation, or the number of persons, because Hoteldruid can't recalculate the price any more. You have to choose a valid price at first.

If you want to test this, you can create a new price, just for testing purpose. Then, you can insert a reservation somewhere in the future, and delete the price from the price list afterwards. Now you have a reservation with a price that doesn't exist any more, and you can test how it will react.
AndilgE
Location: Rua José Alexandre 107 - Flecheiras, 62690.000 Trairi-CE, Brasil

Post by AndilgE »

Hi,

We have 91 rate columns, each with 730 day prices. Of these 91 we actually use 48, the rest is historically grown and obsolete overhead. I'd love to get rid of the overhead but encounter difficulties to drop the obsolete columns, even after many actions taken.

Trying to reduce the amount of rates brings error message "Number of rates is wrong" and I'm stuck on this. Rules 2 and 4 and all price import rules of the obsolete rates have been deleted. All 730 prices are set to 0, nota bene manually since attributing price per day or week plan was not working either (43 x 730 = 31'390 manual entries :roll: ). After this still no joy when deleting the unused rates, error message still appears :cry:

I'm used to work directly in sql data base where I can drop tables within seconds. HotelDruid is pain in the neck when trying to delete unused rates starting with error message without any indication what blocks deletion, going to not very intelligent user interface for handling. Ok, this means it's secure and probably most user have to be protected from their proper commands, but for me it's a time killer and an odyssey sort of "maybe I will succeed".

Is someone out there who clearly can document which steps have to be taken so that "reduce rates" from 90 to 60 works in 1 go without fiddling around for hours? Any help would be very appreciated.
marco

Post by marco »

Hello,
to change the number of rates, other than the number format check, there is only a check to see if the rate is used in interconnections, I've now added a warning in this case.

You can put a price to 0 for all the periods of a rate from the prices insertion page, daily insertion section, in a line select the first and last date available and a 0 in the text box (boxes if you had per person prices). You'll still have to repeat this for all the rates you want to put to 0 but the dates selected are remembered.

In a relational database it's not a good idea manually deleting rows or columns, that could leave other tables pointing to non-existing ids.

Regards,
Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php