Tax on extra costs

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

thorbjornw

Tax on extra costs

Post by thorbjornw »

Hi There

I have been trying out php-residence 1.3.1 on Ubuntu 11.10 to use for a small hotel we are building in León, Nicaragua, and it looks very useful. No problems with install or the Spanish version. So thanks a lot for this very nice software.

Some small issues: we have planned to have a fixed tariff plus an price extra per person. The only way to do that was to create different tariffs for each type according to occupancy, but that seems to function OK.

We have planned to use Frontaccounting (also a LAMP based programme) for General Ledger, to which I have contributed with translation to use in Nicaragua, but as the data for the clients are entered into php-residence, it would be more practical to do the invoicing there. The restaurant will use a simple cash-register, and then the idea is to enter the daily report from that into the bookkeeping. I have been looking at how to invoice the restaurant for the residents as part of the bill in php-residence, and it seems to be possible to enter it bulk as an extra cost. We have a single VAT rate here (15%) and that works OK with the invoice for the guests, but I can't find out how to change the invoice templates to charge 15% also on the extra consumption - it comes out as 0%. There are a confusing lot of variables in the document settings. Which is the one I should change?

It will be necessary here also to be able to specify the daily rate (for the given apartment), which times the days should give the total cost. However, I can't find that variable in the variable list, neither find it in the data tables (I am completely new to php, but have some experience with MySQL). The variable must exist, so I can modify the invoice templates to include it.

If successful in trying this out, I will probably opt for the hosting service, so people can make reservations and pay, as it is my experience people prefer that to e-mail reservations. 8)
marco

Re: Tax on extra costs

Post by marco »

Yuo can use the variable [extra_cost_taxes] inside repetitions of extra costs ([r3]......[/r3]). Daily prices should be available inside repetitions of arrays with dates in the next versions.

Regards,
Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php
jay

Post by jay »

I got a similar question and I don't quite understand how to work with the repeater. What I need is this on the invoice:

room costs x days without taxes
extra costs (if any) without taxes
taxes of above
grand total

I can't get this working. Anyone can help me with this?
marco

Post by marco »

You can show a list of extra costs like this:

[r3]
[extra_cost_name]: [extra_cost_value_without_taxes_p]
[/r3]

To display a list of daily rates you can create custom variable [day] and a custom array [reservation_days(day)] of the variable day. Then add a condition to assign to that array the progressive values between first arrival and last departure, only when starting reservations repetitions. Insert this in the document text:

[r4 array="reservation_days"][r]
Day [reservation_days(day)]: [rate_price_of_array_day_p]<br>
[r][/r4]

Currently the internal [r]...[/r] is needed to display [rate_price_of_array_day_p], from next version it will not be needed anymore.

Regards,
Marco
Problems installing, configuring, upgrading?
Try the easiest way to use HotelDruid:
https://www.digitaldruid.net/hosted/index.php