Create New Year

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

bluealmondhostel

Create New Year

Post by bluealmondhostel »

Hi.
Last year i had a similar problem, where i just changed the year on the address bar and everything worked fine.

This year i have noticed that the 2012 was not created, instead i get
http://bluealmondhostel.com/reservation ... 11&mese=13[/b]

year 2011 month 13.
This would not bother me as it still works fine, but this screws up statistics and other functionality of the software.
Marco or anyone else, please help! i looked everywhere.
bluealmondhostel

Re: Create New Year

-If you work between 2 years don't create the new year until it actually begins. You can insert reservations of the next
year from the menu of the current year, extra months can be added by selecting the rates table and using the 'Add Periods'
button. When the new year arrives create it and import the reservations from the previous year (to do that the same types
of periods of the previous year must be used and if the periods are weekly also the same starting/ending day of the
week). It is recommended to keep atcivated the option in "configure and customize" to automatically create the new year
on January the 10th.
BNy reading this i assume that i just have to wait until the 10th, right?
xoen

Post by xoen »

I have the same problem (and it seems I'm not alone), from the 1th january I get a lot of mysql errors caused by the missing 2012 DB tables...

I use PHP-Residence just for manage the reservations, I don't use the web models.

I read the README but I can't find how to create the 2012 importing the reservations in 2011 tables. I've tried to generate new periods but I see "Add periods until month" -24143 - 2012 and if I try the script go in a loop and I have to stop it...

I've also tried to import the DB in my local webserver and move the date to 19th january but the new year is not generated and I get all the usual mysql errors...

Is there a way to manually trigger the new year generation? The 2012 reservations in the 2011 DB tables will be preserved?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
bluealmondhostel

Hi Xoen, the 2012 was created today the 10th of JAN and now everything is working for me.
I guess we didn't read the readme file properly.

Im going to update the WIKI with this information.
ramakien

Post by ramakien »

I was also wondering why the new year wasn't created on the 1st of January, but if you just wait patiently, on the 10th, upon the first login, the new year is automatically created. All you need to do is login, logout and login again.

It works like a charm.

Of course you need to set "Automatic creation of new year enabled (importing data from previous year at the first login of any user)" in the configuration menu to enable, but default it is already enabled.