Cleaning report

Discuss here how to configure hoteldruid and better use its features.

Moderator: marco

frank_did

Cleaning report

Post by frank_did »

Hello Marco,

on your website you point to a new feature in version 2.2.1: New document for a cleaning report. How does it work and how can I activate this report?

Thank you and kind regards
Frank
AndilgE
Location: Rua José Alexandre 107 - Flecheiras, 62690.000 Trairi-CE, Brasil

Re: Cleaning report

Post by AndilgE »

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the late reaction on your post, I only saw that there arer cleaning reports included same days ago.

Marco has given the answer to your question in Italian forum on
http://www.hoteldruid.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15359

Wonderful, but not everybody can understand it. Let me try to pass it to all which can't understand this nice languagge. Please excuse any wrong wording since I don't use HotelDruid in English either, we have Porguguese here :lol:

Documents don't get updated automatically with new HotelDruid versions. New documents, and the cleaning report is one of them, can be found and copied in the default documents. Please access "Cosumize and Configure", "Backup Sistem" and on the lower part the button something like [Document backups].

A new page opens up. See the image on how to proceed since I don't know the wording in english HotelDruid. This way you can copy the document Cleaning report and add it to your existing documents.

I've just dane this for our hosted version and it works like a charm.

Brgs,

Andi
frank_did

Post by frank_did »

Hello Andi,

thank you for your detailed answer. Do you know deepl.com? It's a new AI based translator and much better than google translator.

One more question about the cleaning report:

How do I use it? If I open the report on the montly view (with the bar chart) only the situation on die 1st of January is shown.
Any hint is welcome.

Kind regards from snowy germany to perhaps sunny portugal.

Frank
AndilgE

Post by AndilgE »

Hi Frank,

Thx for the hint about the translation service, I didn't know that one. I write my posts in English, but don't carer much if all is orthographically correct here in the forum. I hope you can take my typos like "amusements" :lol:

Let me share here how DeepL translates Marco's explication with others:
the documents are not changed at the update. To recover predefined documents, you can go to document backup ("configure and customize" --> "backup system" --> "document backup" button at the bottom of the page) and copy the default file in English. Then you can select the desired document from the drop-down menu where it says "add to current documents" and press the key to restore it.

As written, I'm starting with this topic and am fiddling around with the cleaning reports as well, don't have experiences with it yet. Visualizing the documents has given this info:
This document must be viewed from the table with departures and current reservations (entry "reservations" in top menu --> "depart. and current") or at least 2 days must be selected.

So at least the trigger for the usage is stated. In the document you'll also find the new variables which led Marco to announce the new functionalities.It's up to the users to post there usage cases here and share it with other users.

Any posts about further experiences with this new sandbox are surely appreciated by others. Keep posting your findings, I'll do the same.

Brgs,

Andi
AndilgE

Post by AndilgE »

@ Marco, hi,

Please confirm the possible values of
[situation_clean(unit_clean)]
ARRIVAL
STAY
DEPARTURE

and where/how these values can be translated.

Thanks and regards,

Andi
frank_did

Post by frank_did »

Hello Andi,

thank you for the hint with the Arrivals and Departures site.

@Marco: I tried this but I'm a bit disapointed. I expected a table where I can see if a room needs cleaning or if a room is ready for a new guest.

If you add this functionality then the title "cleaning report" is correct.

Kind regards
Frank
AndilgE

Post by AndilgE »

Hi Frank,

1. The report absolutely works like "see if a room needs cleaning" for us here. It shows which rooms are occupied, which have arrivals and which departures and even the ocupancy and extras for each room. Please state clearly what you're missing on this, maybe it's just a missunderstanding?

2. "If a room is ready for a new guest" requires cleaning staff interact with HotelDruid. I don't know if this is what you really want, we here definitetlly don't. The time to teach cleanning staff to handle HotelDruid is too long and the outcome most probably won't be that great since it's a pain in the neck having to handle with computers when you're cleaning. There would be a strong tendency to "clean in all in 1 go" and later "update it all in HotelDruid". There's no benefit in this, sorry.

What we do is we display and print the cleaning report. The reservation department sets cleaning priorities by hand on this sheet and hands it out to the cleaning staff. So the reservation department has a slight idea which rooms are ready to use first and which will stay occupied longer. In the 2 hours of cleaning cycle they give a call to the cleaning staff to syncronize the actual situation. This way we keep things as simple and easy as possible and all is working fine even with new cleaning staff.

Seen from a pragmatic view the cleaning report is helpfull and shurely not harmfull. We used to do this by hand and now have something which is created in 1 minute with more details. Thumbs up from our side here.

Brgs,

Andi